Member introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Years...3
Deco dives..130ish...
Cave dives....130 post full cave and 150 cavern through apprentice ( I took the slow road )
Trimix....No...I hate long deco but Rob has tried to get me in it.

Years tec diving: 12
No of deco dives: Every dive is a deco dive so ... all of them.
Tec instructor: Yes
Trimix: Yes
Rebreathers: No
Caves: Yes
Other comments: DIR, deep air and solo diver. Yes, you can do all three. Just not at the same time.

Name: Pete "NetDoc" Murray
Diving since 1969
Overhead since 2002
No of deco dives: 100+
Scuba Instructor: Yes
Tec instructor: No
Trimix: Maybe one day
Rebreathers: Maybe one day
Caves: Sure, why not. NAUI Cave 1 at the moment.
Other comments: Not DIR, but I was featured in a GUE promo film once. Maybe I'm their strokesperson???

Last edited:
Hey guys new T2T member here

Real Name - Wayne
Location - PNW
Years tec diving: 2
No of deco dives: 30-40, I'd have to go through my Logbook but to lazy right now
Trimix: Starting next month
Rebreathers: Maybe one day, when the Trimix costs become to expensive to dive OC
Caves: 22 dives, Full cave course, plus a couple extra dives
Other comments: I love wrecks, took my cave course to become a better wreck diver but then started to love the caves as well. Wrecks are my passion though. The history of them, the fact that they wont be there forever their beauty. Up to this point I have mostly dove artifial wrecks, I am just getting to the point in my diving carrer that I would really like to put some expeditions together to dive some of other wrecks I've been reading about for the last few years

Hey guys!
New member here!

Years tec diving: about 7
Occupation: engineer, but since 2003 full-time dive instructor and dive centre manager, equipment service technician, passionate filling station designer and equipment tester ;-)
No of deco dives: hard to say, stopped logging dives, but 300+ (if you count dives deeper than 40m in doubles with staged deco), so I would say
Tec instructor: Yes
Trimix: Yes
Rebreathers: No, but saving for an eCCR right now ;-)
Caves: Not yet, no proper caves where I live, but planning a Yucatan full-cave-course-holiday soon!
Current project(s): locating an undived, lost ferry boat wreck that sunk in the 80's, close to where I live (about 80-100m depth, not yet found, but working on it... PM me if you are interested in details or would like to join the treasure hunt ;-))
Other comments: equipment mostly conform with DIR, procedures DIR where appropriate for the kind of diving I do (which is currently NOT deep cave exploration diving with multiple scooters, which, in my opinion, is the only type of diving where the complete DIR philosophy makes sense in it's entirety), otherwise trying to merge the best of all philosophies, educational systems and agencies that are around, into a dive style that is safe, innovative and that "makes sense" ;-)

Name: Struan

Years tec diving: 3 since first staged decompression dive; <1 since overhead cert (Advanced Wreck)
Location: from Melbourne, Australia but currently living in Shanghai, PRC
Occupation: Regional manager at a consulting company in the automotive industry
No of deco dives: 50+
Trimix: No
Rebreathers: No
Caves: Not yet

Other comments: Do most of my diving in Puerto Galera, Philippines. Currently doing the world's longest DM internship. Interested in doing GUE-F. Planning a trip to Truk or Coron to do some more wreck penetration. Love getting bashed in my deep air threads. Not a complete jackass despite opinions to the contrary

Years tec diving: 2
No of deco dives: 15
Tec instructor: Not presently
Trimix: Not presently
Rebreathers: No but have a demo scheduled this month. We'll see where it goes.
Caves: Intro many years ago.
Other comments:

Another in the flood of 'newbies' to t2t..

Years tec diving: 1.5 (7 years diving, 4 years NY/NJ wrecks but just took cavern 18 months ago and AN/DP last spring).
No of deco dives: ~25
Tec instructor? No
Trimix? Not yet
Rebreathers? No
Caves? Cavern only, deciding whether I can realistically get to cave country often enough to take the next step.

Hi,

my name is Robert
No of deco dives (hmmm every dive is a deco dive) ~900
dives with decompression stops ~300
VDST (CMAS) Instructor
VDST TRIMIX **
PATD Trimix since 2008
Gasblender
and many other things ...
No rebreather
Caves yes if they are made of wood or steel :wink:
Intrerested in wreckdiving, thats why i started Trimix diving.

Most of my Trimix dives are in the lakes here around munich (bavaria) and in the baltic sea.

(Ok, homepage url removed :-( )

best regards from bavaria
Robert

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom