Memorial Day Weekend

Which days are able to make it and to which locations? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm game. Count me in for diving on Saturday and Sunday (early) - hopefully OC(?). I have to hang up the scuba gear by noonish on Sunday.... flight out to London on Monday night. Don't want to chance DCS.

I would endorse Stair Case just over the Ventura County line at the end of Leo Carrillo Beach. Details at http://www.sandeaters.org Nice dive site and somthing new.

I am so happy! I was just thinking I want/need to dive this Sunday. I am on the Vision on Monday, so a dive on Sunday in LA area would be perfect. Can't wait to find out...

Looks like Orange County is ahead by a nose for each of the days. Maybe we can try Woods or Cress or one of them other places.

As the numbers are coming in it looks like almost all of the people who can make it to the northern beaches can make it to the southern beaches, but more people would be left out if we dove the northern beaches.

We'll see what it looks like as more numbers come in, but if the numbers keep reflecting that the most number of people can be involved if we dive Orange County for 3 days, maybe we should pick 6 different Orange County dives over 3 days (2 per day).

For instance, we could try Treasure Island and Victoria Beach on Saturday, Crystal Cove and Woods Cove could be on Sunday and the Cleo Street Barge and Cress St could be good on Monday.

This is just an example and obviously conditions would dictate where we really wound up.

Otherwise, we could go with the most popular spot and day first, which at this point could be Saturday in Orange County and eliminate that location for the other 2 days. Then we could go for the most popular spot and day from the 2 remaining locations, which could be Malibu on Sunday. The last spot would take up the last day which in this scenario would put Palos Verdes on Monday. I hope that made sense and I realize that all the numbers are not in yet. This was just an example.

What are your thoughts on this everybody?

Christian

slyder:
id like to vote on 1 or 2 but how far is malibu from hemet? tell ya what ill leave it up to christian you find a place pm me the address and ill let you know on friday 99% sure now that im going sunday. got the same problem as sno for saturday my wife is grad. from collage also. also since ill be breaking my own rule for how far north ill dive :jaws:the more the merrier:D
It's about 120 miles from Hemet to Malibu.
It's about 105 miles from Hemet to Rancho Palos Verdes.
It's about 70 miles from Hemet to Laguna Beach.

So with those differences in mileage, you may not want to leave it up to me! :wink:

For me, it's about 70 miles to Laguna Beach, 50 miles to Malibu and 45 miles to Rancho Palos Verdes. My farthest drive is your shortest drive! :11:

Christian

Hey, I'm probably going to be down in Irvine for the weekend now. I'm up for some OC/LA diving, haven't done it in a while. Only one condition.. no Shaw's.. its fun and all but thats the only one I ever do when I'm down here. I like the idea of doing one good dive we know and then doing a second exploratory dive to a site that we haven't been to yet. Let me know whats going on and I'll be there.

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom