Menstration Sucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Dr Bill says, dive with mature folks who share your desire to be in the water....Nothing else to worry about.

'nuff said...

your comments in this thread are unnecessarily crude, immature and offensive. If you don't have anything better to say, then say nothing.

were deleted from this thread earlier this morning before I left for church. While I do not have a problem with humor in ANY thread, these were demeaning and have no place on this forum. This was the PM sent to those who showed no discretion in what they posted...
Gentlemen...
Your comments are completely inappropriate for this topic and this forum. Continuing with this type of harrassment will result in you being banned from the board. If you have any further questions or comments please PM me (or another regulator) directly.
As stated in this PM, any additional comments or questions about this issue should be either raised in site support or addressed to me (or any regulator) directly through your PM function. Scubaboard will not tolerate any hateful or hurtful posts, no matter how innocuous they might appear to be.

One last thing... it would not be inappropriate for those whose posts were moderated to PM your apology to Water Maiden. She deserved far better than you gave her.

Hello NetDoc,

Thank you for your action and follow up post about this thread. I appreciate your committment to ensuring users on this board are treated with respect.

Water Maiden: I'll echo what others have said: Diving while mestruating isn't an issue unless you don't feel up for the dive. I prefer not to dive while I'm menstruating and when I have it's never been an issue for my buddies - male or female.

Happy Diving!

I would like to say that I am sorry for the previous post...It was in humor, I was not tring to degrade anyone.

SORRY...

I have a question regarding this post.... What do you do if/when you are on a boat while menstrating for a day of diving and they dont have a bathroom to take care of your female problem/concern? Tampons only last like 4hrs. most. So, what do you do?

Hi

Ok Yes i am a male, but an older one, i am an instructor an have dived with hundreds of women and this has been discussed and it is not a problem in the water if you feel ok.

If you feel unwell before getting in the water abort the dive, just like a guy should otherwise just enjoy diving

I just take an advil liquid gel if I have any cramps... and dive anyway. I don't let anything stop me from diving unless the conditions outside are crap. Pressure won't effect you diving while menstrating, I actually find the activity really helps relieve the cramps without taking meds too.. My dive buddy, I let him know I am on my days just incase we have to make a few more bathroom stops then normal :p He is understanding. With regards to comments on this board concerning this question, I don't see reason for bashing someone for asking a question whether it has been discussed on here over and over again.. Maybe previous threads didn't answer the persons questions or they are new to the board... that;s no reason for getting nasty about asking a simple question......

scubaspider:
I have a question regarding this post.... What do you do if/when you are on a boat while menstrating for a day of diving and they dont have a bathroom to take care of your female problem/concern? Tampons only last like 4hrs. most. So, what do you do?
I'll be watching for that answer too.... :)

IF the water isn't too cold.. jump in and take care of the issue that way.. If too cold, have a garbage bag handy.. and a roll of toilet paper.. you don't have to drop your pants all the way to change a tampon.. and if your wearing a swimsuit.. just move the crotch aside.. I usually dive where no bathrooms are handy. I go outside.. on my days.. I dig a small hole and bury the used product.. or have a extra plastic bag to put it in until I can get to a garbage can. Actuall tampons can last up to 8h depending on Absorbancey... For your save a dive kit.. extra tampons, plastic bags, and toilet paper :) heehee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom