Mexican Cenote Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeMeagher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Heres a short video taken last year when a buddy and I were in Mexico. We dove one of the Cenote's.. an underwater cave. It was a guided tour... and we had an amazing dive. The water was very clear.. I'd say easily 200' vis but the guides said it was more. If you ever get that way make the effort to do one of these dives with a guide.

[youtubehq]Mpcd7GBnVYQ[/youtubehq]

Very Cool. What camera setup did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Was this the Cenote in Cancun?

You caught the halocline (salt water mixes with the fresh water) in the cenotes about one minute and 40 mins into the video. You're making me miss the cenotes. :depressed:

Thanks Mike for posting the video.

You caught the halocline (salt water mixes with the fresh water) in the cenotes about one minute and 40 mins into the video. You're making me miss the cenotes. :depressed:

Thanks Mike for posting the video.

Thanks,.. yea I wasnt the first diver in the cave system that day.. so the halocline was beginning to get a little mixed up by the time I went thru it. But that was cool indeed. Yes indeed.. I need to get there again soon!

Thanks,.. yea I wasnt the first diver in the cave system that day.. so the halocline was beginning to get a little mixed up by the time I went thru it. But that was cool indeed. Yes indeed.. I need to get there again soon!

We really enjoyed our cenote dives there last year and we want to go back again and do a whole week of diving different ones along with visiting more of the ruins. We are going back to Cozumel next month and just staying over there the whole time.. at least that is the plan for now.

robin

Chac Mool and Taj Mahal were the first two cenotes my wife and I dove about five years ago, and got hooked. Every December since then we go to the Yucatan, and our highest priority is deciding which cenotes to dive while we are there. This past December we did Angelita and Casa Cenote.

Thanks for a great video, it really brought the experience back to life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom