Miflex hose questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I changed my mind, I'd recommend the 40" now that I think of it (if you are using the adapter) I have the one you pictured in your last post, the fixed 90 deg adapter. (it actually looks to be like a 110 deg adapter, but anyway...) If you're gonna buy that the 40 will be plenty long.

Obviously if you aren't routing under your arm at all, the 40 will be far too long. Here is a picture of me using the 48 before I got the adapter. As you can see, the hose is obnoxiously long:

The hose that my octo is on in that pic was the primary hose originally. I've since cut that length down by replacing it with a 22" Miflex and put the primary on an adapter routed under the arm. But like I said, I could easily lose 8" off the primary as well.

Thanks to all who replied for the suggestions.
Sounds like the way to go is the 40" Miflex hose, possibly with a fixed 90 degree adapter, or the Zeagle 90 degree adaptor. BTW, the Sherwood Maximus uses a 40" hose for their primary and routes under the arm.

you might want to consider the 60" and go around your neck.

that's what I did. I found that the 90 under the arm, if you took it out of your mouth that it dropped down and I didn't like that.... (like floating on the surface, etc.).

I found that routing it under my arm and around my neck when I had it out of my mouth it just hung forward over my shoulder. I use the 90 degree adapter and it makes it easy.

btw.... if you want MiFlex hoses, check with Phil at DiveSports. Last week he had them (and about everything else in the store) on sale for 50% off MSRP. I picked up a 7ft Miflex for I think $32 bucks, brand new in the package. It was too sweet of a deal not to get a longer one.

Back
Top Bottom