Migrating from a Suunto Mosquito to a D6...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katamuki, thank you for passing on your own experiences with the D6. The side-by-side comparison you did was interesting. I appreciate you taking the time to share these here.

El Orans, thanks for the reply to my post.

Elena, won't the Zagg adhesive shield come right off as soon as your Suunto gets dunked in water?

It does look like a nice product for dry land use. Thanks.

Can any D6 owners take me through the steps for going between the nitrox and air settings?

For example, on a two-tank dive I'm using Nitrox then Air followed by the same later?

Sorry, it's not 100% clear to me from the Suunto material or playing around with the settings myself.

Thanks!

One problem I ran into on a recent dive can be fixed easily if I had set it up correctly before the dive.

A few minutes into the dive, I discovered that I had the D6 set to 32% Nitrox but was actually diving air. If I had set the second mix to 21%, I would have been able to switch gases during the dive.

I would have had to make sure that I surfaced well before reaching the NDL limit but it would have been more accurate that way.

Since I hadn't done that, I had to rely on my wife's Suunto Mosquito. :banghead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom