Mike Severns Shop Open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trpltongue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning all!

I was just wondering if anyone has been diving or in contact with Mike Severns shop in Maui lately? I’ve sent an availability request and a couple follow up emails over the last week about a dive on our trip in a few weeks, and aside from an automated response I haven’t heard anything back? I’m wondering if there’s something sketchy about my email (I’ve checked junk mail) that’s causing problems?

My next step is to call, it’s just been a challenge to find an overlapping time when they are open, but that’s a me problem :)

Thanks for any insights!

I believe that they are certainly open at this point. They do run a limited schedule and are in high demand for sure - so don't give up. The staff is simply the best of the best and if you can get out with them you'll be glad you did. The captain is often answering the phone while on the am boat. Anyway, good luck and I hope you get out with them!
A

I sure hope they are! Pauline, Andy, and Warren are the best dive ops I've ever met, truly role models. If anybody can confirm or deny, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Unfortunately I never did get a chance to call before our trip (our daughter graduated HS this year so it was hectic to say the least). Unfortunately I never received any replies to my requests and emails sent through their website form or directly. We ended up doing some shore dives with Dive with Harmony that were fantastic and got to see dozens of white tipped reef sharks in mating season!
I have heard incredible things about Mike’s shop, but unfortunately didn’t hear back from them. Just a heads up for anyone who may be considering a trip with Mike, probably best to try to call rather than use the instructions online to request availability through their site.

From their website, they have officially closed their doors and sold the boat. Sad to see such an incredible op go: Maui Scuba Diving Tours | Mike Severn Diving Services

Pauline Feine:
To Our Dear Divers and Friends

We know this will come as a surprise to many of you. At the end of July we will complete the sale of Mike Severns Diving. We are happy to say that our boat, Pilikai, will continue in service with new owners, Javier and Christina Cantellops, under the new company name of Island Style Diving.

For the past 35 years my treasured crew members and I have had the unparalleled joy of sharing underwater adventures with you. The discoveries, the epic animal encounters, the beautiful photographs, the laughter and pure fun of spending time together as divers will be treasured for the rest of our lives.

We are still as passionate as ever about giving people the highest quality diving on Maui, but we feel it is better to exit gracefully when we are still healthy and not too old, rather than to wait until we have passed this point. The time felt perfect to pass the torch to the next generation and I am thrilled to be doing that with Javier and Christina.

The hardest part of letting go will be not seeing our repeating divers, some of whom have been with us the entire 35 years that I have been here at Mike Severns Diving (and for even a few years before I came along).

We humbly thank you for trusting us to keep you safe, for wanting to learn about the animals, for laughing with us, and for being so supportive of us as individuals, as well as supportive of Mike Severns Diving during its 43 years of operation. You’ve brought us immeasurable joy.

Back
Top Bottom