Millbrook water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umm... Cold?

More like ....Frigid

I was out there the past two weekends. This past weekend had the surface in the 60's, but it dropped to low 50's fairly quickly according to both oceanics I was using. At depths of around 60' it was mid-40's. I was still comfy in my 7mm.

If you need a buddy and are going out saturday, let me know as I need a buddy for this weekend.

Seawitch2:
More like ....Frigid
If Millbrook is frigid, then what's Bainbridge? Arctic?

Points well taken- whether "frigid" or just plain "cold", the deal at Millbrook is "suck it up and dive".

CMal, I'll need a buddy too, but I can't dive this weekend- family coming into town to help us baptise the twins. Another time?

DaveO:
CMal, I'll need a buddy too, but I can't dive this weekend- family coming into town to help us baptise the twins.
You could baptise them at the quary...

DaveO:
Gotta get some practice in- anyone know what the water temperature at Millbrook is, these days?

Somebody posted this on May 15

Surface - 66 degrees
31 feet - 60 degrees
43 feet - 51 degrees
64 feet - 44 deegrees

Since it's June now you can tack on two or three degrees ... and drop the visibility down to about 6 feet.

I have not been to Bainbridge, so I would not know. For those of us that do not dive dry (yet) there is: cold, d**n cold and then there is Millbrook. If I am going to dive those temperatures, I rather go to Rawlings where at least the viz is decent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom