Minelab Excaliber threshhold trouble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Search all you want. The Excal is one of the top selling detectors. Every manufactured items is going to have a bad one once in a while. When you are making such a large number, that small percentage becomes a larger number.

But, by all means, please keep looking. In that search, be sure to talk to lots of guys who swing lots of brands (including minelab)

Fire diver , Thanks for the update that the service from minelab has gotten better , certainly it is like anything else that you pay good money for weather it's your car , a home appliance or your metal detector ; it is a bummer and something that none of us like.

As far as how the units are built and being delicate I just don't know. I do know that mine has always had the best of care weather it is in storage , during transportation or in use ; it is not abused ; never , I guess it's just bum luck.

On the up-side I will say that when it works properly it is awesome to say the least and has paid for itself without a doubt ; not to mention the fun factor that goes along with it.

Also thanks to "scubaboard" and everyone here that makes things like this possable. So many great people here. Thanks everyone , Craig

Sorry I didn't mean to give the impression that it was a delicate unit. That isn't the case at all. It is a fantastic unit and I have had tremendous luck with it. When I use it on land I hip mount the control unit so the cable gets knocked about on occaision and sometimes even snagged in branches etc. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I also have to say that I have never had a problem with the
service group at Minelab.

Sharky , I still have done nothing more with my unit , just have had no time ; been hitting some wrecks so no time for detecting. I am a little hesitant to send it back for repair since hearing some bad feedback on Minelabs repairing of some units but probably have no choice. When I get any info that could help you i'll pass it along to you and if you could do the same that would be great. Good luck and i'll keep you posted.

Thanks Craig!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom