Missing Diver incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

debdiver:
I've dove off the boat before. I was VERY VERY unimpressed. It was three years ago, so it could be a totally different Capt. and crew by now. But every aspect of that trip was an example of what NOT to do. (on the part of the crew) I'm surprised others that know this boat and captain say they are good; perhaps it's a different captain than three years ago. But from my experience with the boat then, this story seems consistent.

The boat did change owners a couple of years ago and was bought by Ray Arntz who is now the owner/captain:

http://www.saintbrendan.com/cdnmay03/boatrev.html

aa777888:
I'm not sure DAN can really claim this as a "development". Firefighters have been using this system for literally decades.

I'm not sure firefighters can really claim this as a "development". Miners have been using this system for literally centuries.

Couldn't resist. :)

Roak

Did anyone else see this article about the diver left to drift in California?

What are these dive partners thinking?

I find it kind of disturbing that this charter did not keep better track of the its diver's. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of the investigation.

My apologies if this has already been posted.

This morning on the national news Matt Lowry was interviewing a scuba diver from Long Beach (it figures) California.

It seems he was lost at sea for 5 hours when the dive boat missed picking up.

#1, I am surprised that no one has posted anything about this until now.

#2, I just can't imagine how this could happen!

scuba-sass:
Thank God for the Boy Scouts!

It made for pretty good press that the victim was quoted as having ruminated on a Boy Scout survival manual he had read in the past, and then was rescued by members of a following generation.

(I'm surprised Pete hasn't chimed in here yet...)

Happy & Safe Diving,
Scuba-sass :)

Im sure Pete is glowing with pride too !!!

We could probably use more Boy Scout patrols on our coastal waters, as well! :)

Maybe the guy was a real twit and it was only after some serious soul searching they decided not to Davie Jones him but... it was a tough decision.

CBulla:
Maybe the guy was a real twit and it was only after some serious soul searching they decided not to Davie Jones him but... it was a tough decision.

would that not be considered murder if they were aware he was on the boat? Hard not to notice a grown man is missing when there are only a few people on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom