Missing Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by diver gadget
This is the facts on the missing diver dive as posted by Darlene, the missing divers buddy.

A very sad reminder of the golden rule of scuba.

http://www.scubadiving.com/talk/read.php?f=1&i=522718&t=522718

Darlene has described a situation that I hope I'm never in. She's a brave lady, and I'm glad for her safe return.

I hope to G-d I am never put in a position like that! There was a huge lump in my throat when I read her account, and the subsequent answers she posted to people. I don't know how she's able to do that.

What courage she has. Thank G-d she's alive to tell the tale. How many people could do what she did? I don't know if I could...

It really hits home for people like me who's dive bud is also their significant other. As Instructors/Instructor Trainers we practice OOAs & buddy breathing for demos in the pool, but this really drives home the need to practice in open water too.

Sincerely,

~SubMariner~

Chilling story. I admire her courage to go back so soon. I truly feel for her and pray to God she finds the peace and strength she needs.

My condolences to the family.Very sad story. Alot can be learned from this story if you sit down and truely think about it. Contrary to what the article said, something wasn't done right,someone died.
Friggincold

I am also wanting to know what exactly happened and what shop he was with. I was diving up there when it happened on another wreck and heard from the dive shop when we returned for air what had happened. At that point, the one diver was 1/2 an hour late from surfacing and two divers that had stayed down looking for him were in bad shape (or at least that is what they were saying at the time. Other than that we were not able to find out anything.
21 years ago today and I still am haunted by this dive. The information from Andyman is wrong . I’m trying to find posts about this day

I hope to G-d I am never put in a position like that! There was a huge lump in my throat when I read her account, and the subsequent answers she posted to people. I don't know how she's able to do that.

What courage she has. Thank G-d she's alive to tell the tale. How many people could do what she did? I don't know if I could...

It really hits home for people like me who's dive bud is also their significant other. As Instructors/Instructor Trainers we practice OOAs & buddy breathing for demos in the pool, but this really drives home the need to practice in open water too.

Sincerely,

~SubMariner~

Can someone help me find my post please? It’s 21 years ago today
I have been on ScubaBoard longer than only a handful of people, but this thread is from before my time. As I read it, your post was actually made on another forum, and people only referred to it here. From what was mentioned earlier, I would bet it was Rodale's, an old scuba discussion forum that no longer exists. The links now lead to scubadiving.com, which is essentially PADI. They do not have a discussion forum at that site.

Is it possible that they have your 22-year old post? Could be, but it's a long shot. You can try their contact page to see if they have anything: Contact us

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom