missing divers in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in cozumel for carinval and diving the last week of january. my boat was comming back from chacaab reef when our boat captian got off the radio and asked that eveyone aborad keep an eye out for 2 missing divers. he told us that a groupe of divers doing devils throat had one diver that apperently suffered a heart attack while on the dive. the dive master had brought the heart attack victum up but had lost sight of two other divers comming out of devils throat at 130ft.

Here we go again. A diver, Japanese woman, was reported missing from the same dive site, Devils Throat, Dec. 30th. 2007. That was 44 days ago. A lot of us came onto this web site wanting to know what happened and were roundly criticized by some operators on Cozumel for EVEN ASKING the question. The only info we had was second hand from people we know on Cozumel. AND we were roundly critcized for mentioning any of that info and told to wait for the OFFICIAL REPORT. We're not holding our collective breaths on that one.

Deaths from accidents are discussed on this site ROUTINELY but, not if it occurred in Cozumel! Anybody want to tell me why?

Deaths from accidents are discussed on this site ROUTINELY but, not if it occurred in Cozumel! Anybody want to tell me why?
I think that is a bit of an exaggeration. There was never anything to this thread. I don't remember that thread; [-]could you link to it for me?[/-] This one? http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/215552-cozumel-diver-lost.html I don't see anyone discouraging reasonable discussions on that thread. If you do, then this would not be the place to complain. We have a Support forum with a Feedback sub-forum.

On the other hand, getting news on any accident in Mexico or Cent America can be challenging. The newspaper reports are usually in Spanish, even less likely to make it to the net, and the local powers do discourage open discussion as it can be bad for business - true for Coz as well as for other locations, so sure they dislike groundless rumors like this one even more perhaps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom