Missing Scuba's diver's body found......missing since 1981!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!
I would be willing to bet that those guys ended up with dirty dry suit underwear..... I'm sure I would have if I was in their fins.

I think it might have been the "yellow oxygen tank" that contributed to this accident. Maybe they meant "air tank"?

Green_Manelishi:
Possibly; more likely it's press ignorance of diving.
Agreed.

Mr.X:
Nice diving all year around - this includes ice diving. There are a ton of wrecks to visit. The mussels have significantly improved visibility. An interesting deep wreck is the Roy A. Jodrey. There is rumored to be a body there too. At first I thought this thread was about locating this particular diver.
Sounds fascinating.

tedtim:
http://www.scubaq.ca/ontarioscubadiving/eastcliffe.htm
At only 60' deep, right next to the shipping chanel, lots of current. Many of the photos on this site were taken in 2004.
Thanks!

O2 use underwater was not real common in 1981, so I really suspect it was a member of the esteemed press mistakenly calling it an "oxygen" tank.

I am more interested in the "entangled in a diving line" comment. We had a diver drown in the Missouri river about 25 years ago after he became entangled in his dive flag line and a submerged tree. He drowned about 6 inches under the surface which made it even more tragic.

DA Aquamaster:
O2 use underwater was not real common in 1981, so I really suspect it was a member of the esteemed press mistakenly calling it an "oxygen" tank.

I am more interested in the "entangled in a diving line" comment. We had a diver drown in the Missouri river about 25 years ago after he became entangled in his dive flag line and a submerged tree. He drowned about 6 inches under the surface which made it even more tragic.

That story reminds me of the safety diver chapter in Diver Down by Michael Ange. Only that diver apparently was able to wave their hands but not get their head past that last 3 inches of water.

Is the river realy 140 feet deep? Never found a body but did find a box full of human ashes once.

Wildcard:
Never found a body but did find a box full of human ashes once.

I did too, really ornate box with encrusted jewels ... near Diver's Cove in Laguna Beach, CA. The class and I first thought it was a treasure box, till we brought it back up and looked inside. One diver even commented that maybe I planted it there to make them think that diving was THAT exciting - duh (who needs props, right!). The funeral card was still inside, the date on the card indicated the "urn" was dropped only a week or so before if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom