Missing Scuba's diver's body found......missing since 1981!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirty dry suit u-wear, yellow o2 tanks, skull & bones.......all part of the underwater adventure.

I have merged two threads that were on the same topic. As a result of it I had to delete the starting post of one of the threads as it was repeating the news.
Mania

Wildcard:
Is the river realy 140 feet deep? Never found a body but did find a box full of human ashes once.

I'm not a tech type and there is a good reason for that - no desire. Here is a description of a number of sites near Brockville, including a number well below the recreational limits.

http://www.brockville.com/infodisk/brockville/wrecks.html

I am sure that there are many SB members who have dove the deeper wrecks and can tell you about them.

Glad to hear the family finally has their boy back. Kudos to the divers who investigated when their instinct told them something wasn't right.
Ber :lilbunny:

2 decades? I want more bottom time, but I hope I don't get that much. Glad to hear the family will finally have closure.

tedtim:
I'm not a tech type and there is a good reason for that - no desire. Here is a description of a number of sites near Brockville, including a number well below the recreational limits.

http://www.brockville.com/infodisk/brockville/wrecks.html

I am sure that there are many SB members who have dove the deeper wrecks and can tell you about them.

Nice link with a video of the site & diver who discovered the body. I would imagine the depths of the St. Lawrence vary. In the area near Wellsley Island/Jodrey the maximum depth is around 240-260 ? (I haven't ventured farther than the bottom of the Jodrey in that area which is around the 240 + mark). The current can be quite nasty when the locks are opened + it's dark like midnight there.

Mr.X:
(I haven't ventured farther than the bottom of the Jodrey in that area which is around the 240 + mark). The current can be quite nasty when the locks are opened + it's dark like midnight there.

wow, mind telling how you rigged up for that depth? that's an amazingly serious dive for "drift" conditions.

DiverBuoy:
wow, mind telling how you rigged up for that depth? that's an amazingly serious dive for "drift" conditions.

I am rigged in a CCR with helium diluent. There is really no way to do a drift dive since the channel is criss-crossed by large freighters. It would almost be suicide to do a drifting deco. there. Generally there are wrecks to hug, and with the case of the Jodrey there are lines that run from shore to various parts of the wreck. There are lines to the stern that start @ 150' and run to shore where deep stops can be conducted. Often on these lines you are gripping on for dear life. Deep water scooters help a bit, but are easily overpowered in some cases.

To: Fish Whisperer - I think cremation is a very appropriate idea. It would certainly be the Buddhist way to go and one in tune with what he liked to do.

Back
Top Bottom