Missle Silo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Love

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone know what the deal is with the Valhalla missile silo in midland? I remember they shut things down for COVID and the shop owner told me that when they opened back up, they would do it "loud and proud" but I haven't heard from him about anything.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Valhalla missile silo in midland? I remember they shut things down for COVID and the shop owner told me that when they opened back up, they would do it "loud and proud" but I haven't heard from him about anything.
We just opened it up again this year (2023). Everyone who had trips already booked that had to be cancelled were contacted first. Any dive shop that is interested can contact us. And the dive site is in Abilene, not Midland. We just lived in Midland and had a dive shop there then. Go through the Family Scuba Center web page for booking or questions, or the Dive Valhalla Missile Silo FB page.

We just opened it up again this year (2023).
The Youtube video posted on FB is really cool. I'd guess there would a ton of questions after the dive from guests as to "What was this Part/Tool/Equipment used for that I saw down there".
Very unique dive !!

I wouldn't mind driving out there to do that. Probably better to do it soon, given the age of my knees and all those stairs.

There was a regular diver in the Texas forum that killed a rattlesnake on the climb down to the water in the silo. Skinned it and made it into a belt.

There was a regular diver in the Texas forum that killed a rattlesnake on the climb down to the water in the silo. Skinned it and made it into a belt.

The only thing that would make this more Texan is if he made chili or tacos with the rattlesnake meat.

I can follow up with more details. That would be pretty manly. Rattlesnake sushi?

Sushi isn't really traditional Texan cuisine... also parasites would be a worry.

Hey! Either you’re a man or you’re not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom