mk10 first stage with a700second stage... Good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most regulators you can mix and match (Poseidon's are different). The usual spec is 135 +/- 10.

Is there any place inland to dive in LA? I am in Ruston at the moment.

Toledo Bend......south end---but water temps still on the cool side for me.....

update... the mk10 and the A700 work great together ... three years, and many dives later both are still going strong! although the BA156 would have likely done just as well... I do enjoying the flashy a700... I guess its a little vanity involved, but the a700 sure has a cool factor.

View attachment 205970View attachment 205971View attachment 205972View attachment 205973
So here is the set assembled.
The a700 does have a noticably lighter cracking pressure. I thought it may be just me wanting to belive that my new reg was better so i got the objective wife to huff a few times and she came to the same conclusion with out hesitation.

Tuned the same I bet the difference would be all but imperceptible. I couldn't reliably tell the difference between my G250s, 156s and G260s, I have them all tuned the same. Personally I think the 156 is the coolest looking reg out there, followed very closely by the somewhat strange looking D series. Just for Bob, the Kraken is pretty sexy too.

Last edited:
SP is NOT the only manufacturer to imply that their latest most expensive model is the best.

Tuned the same I bet the difference would be all but imperceptible. I couldn't reliably tell the difference between my G250s, 156s and G260s, I have them all tuned the same.

I bet D series you will, it's smoother and more natural breathing, lighter cracking effort.

I bet D series you will, it's smoother and more natural breathing, lighter cracking effort.

I know, hence not listing them in the lineup. I guarantee I could pick it out with absolute reliability. They truly are a notch above the rest. Now if I can just get one working perfectly.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom