Mo2vation JANUARY 28th, '06 Boat Dive planning thread - Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark99:
Yep just talked to them - they have at least 2 more spots, so now's the time to call!!

What a dilemma, I would love to go but I have made plans with the G/F and she will kill me if a cancel plans to dive yet again. What’s a guy to do?

For those considering doing nitrox on this trip, I talked to the shop to clarify the nitrox fills, and what they said is that the nitrox fills are only 32% on the boat. Also, if you bring an O2 clean cylinder their process will make it dirty, so DON'T bring an O2 clean cylinder. I'm gonna bring one of my normal air tanks, and they have tags you can use to mark it during the trip.

Remember: EAN is extra $$. They have a stick (or membrane - I can't remember) that they set to 32%. The last 5 trips on this boat, our average depth has been between 35 and 48 feet.

EAN is your call, but its not included in the price. Its like $7 - $10 per dive, depending on the number of dives. I think they offer a 4-dive EAN package. I recommend calling them if you're considering diving EAN.

---
Ken

I've updated the numbers on the first post.

Let me know if I have you on the list and you are not going or if you are going and I don't have you on the list.

I'm really looking forward to this and will be spending the Friday night on the boat.

I probably won't be able to leave here until about 5pm on Friday, so I'm not sure how long it will take to drive up there from Altadena.

Maybe some of us who will be there Friday night canl get together for some dinner!

Thanks.

Christian

I'm still considering staying Friday night... I should know tomorrow.

Dinner would be cool.

John/Wetrat mentioned staying the night before also...

Peace out...

According to the website, 4 nitrox fills is only $25, or $6.25 per fill.

HA !!! I laugh in the face of their puny charges !!!! :D

After paying over twice that on Catalina, it seems like a pretty good deal. But then again, if the dives are that shallow, it hardly seems worth it. But then again, if we're doing 4 dives, it might be a good thing. But then again, I laugh in the face of excess nitrogen !!! But then again...

Hold on, I think I'm giving myself a headache.

By the way, I'll be there Friday night also.

mccabejc:
According to the website, 4 nitrox fills is only $25, or $6.25 per fill.

HA !!! I laugh in the face of their puny charges !!!! :D

After paying over twice that on Catalina, it seems like a pretty good deal. But then again, if the dives are that shallow, it hardly seems worth it. But then again, if we're doing 4 dives, it might be a good thing. But then again, I laugh in the face of excess nitrogen !!! But then again...

Hold on, I think I'm giving myself a headache.

By the way, I'll be there Friday night also.

I did EAN a couple of times on the Peace, then looked at my profiles and bagged it.

YMMV.

Its gonna be a great day. I hope. Last weekend several boats couldn't get out. Looks like we'll have better weather this weekend.

K

Of course I see this at 6:30, and they're only open 'til 6. Their voicemail says they open at 10 so I'll be calling them then tomorrow morning, although I did leave a message with my number asking that they call me back. I guess we'll see what happens...

The reason I'm posting is, in the case it doesn't work out and someone else who's got a spot has figured out they don't need it/can't use it, I'd sure appreciate a PM to that effect. Some boat diving with some of my new Scubaboard buddies sounds great :D

Thanks in advance either way,
Adam

Kevfin:
John/Wetrat mentioned staying the night before also...

Looks like I'll be getting there late Friday.... like around 10. No use leaving San Diego before 7 - I'd be in traffic until 10 anyway. :banghead: Mark99 - still holding on tight to your spot! This is getting friggen exciting!!

wetrat:
Looks like I'll be getting there late Friday.... like around 10. No use leaving San Diego before 7 - I'd be in traffic until 10 anyway. :banghead: Mark99 - still holding on tight to your spot! This is getting friggen exciting!!

If I go Friday, I'll get you a doggy/rat bag... ya like leftovers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom