Mo2vation OCTOBER 1st, '05 Boat Dive planning thread - Sundiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll update this first post as a running synopsis of this thread.

When:
Saturday, October 1st

Where:
The Sundiver - Captain Ray Arntz
Alamitos Bay Landing
160 Marina Drive
Long Beach, CA 90803

Directions (click here)

For reservations call:
800-555-9446
or
562-594-6968

Destination:
Catalina Island (Usually 3 dives)

Trips to Catalina leave at 7am, boarding begins at 6 am.

The boat returns between 5:00-6:00 pm.

Cost:
(includes AL-80 Tanks provided by the Sundiver)

This does not include food or tank fills and even though a full AL 80 is provided for your convenience, the 1st fill is not included.

0 - 9 divers = $85
10 - 19 divers = $80
20+ divers = $75

What is the Mo2vation Dive?

This is a monthly gathering of all divers in SoCal who can make it.

It was named after our SoCal member Mo2vation because of his love for boat dives and all of the friendly jabs he takes at our monthly Wrinkles Beach Dive and BBQ. :crafty:

We welcome both ScubaBoard members and non-ScubaBoard members that you know. It's open to divers of all skill levels from "What's an anchor line?" to "Do we really have to dive the Andrea Doria again?"

This is a great way to meet our fellow divers and make new dive buddies! You don't have to have a buddy to participate, lots of us would be happy to buddy up with you.

RSVP:

RSVP on the ScubaBoard Calendar once you have a confirmed reservation:

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=455&day=2005-10-1&c=32

(you can now rsvp and include your guest count for your non-ScubaBoard buddies!)
Please sign up on the Calendar and update your party size on the calendar with changes, so that we can compare our list with Ray's in advance and make sure that there are no discrepancies.

Confirmed Reservations:
Let me know if I've misrepresented anyone's confirmed reservations here.

Saturday, October 1st: (2)
headhunter (1)
dazedone (1)

I'll update this post as we have more info.

Christian

Hey folks,

Keep in mind that this is a bit different than the Wrinkles Beach dives that we do. You can't wait until the last moment and expect to get on the boat.

The September 3rd boat is already full and people are being turned away.

So, call Ray and get your reservations in for this October 1st boat and the October 29th boat.

I have replaced the September sticky thread with this one since that one is full and this will be the next one to fill up.

Christian

Had fun on the first one. Looks like I'm recording on 10/1 - dangit. I'll try to catch the 10/29 boat.

---
Ken

Ignored the instructions to check for all gear, forgot my fins. Ray had left a message before I got home, called and told him I would pick up on Sunday. My wife was very pleased with my forgetfulness, dinner at McKennas was very good. Signed up for the 1st when I retrieved my fins. See ya then!

OldmanandtheC:
Ignored the instructions to check for all gear, forgot my fins. Ray had left a message before I got home, called and told him I would pick up on Sunday. My wife was very pleased with my forgetfulness, dinner at McKennas was very good. Signed up for the 1st when I retrieved my fins. See ya then!
I look forward to trying McKennas sometime.

I'm glad that the trip back to pick up the fins was able to yield a good time in the process.

I look forward to seeing you on Oct. 1st.

Too bad that the little drummer boy won't make this one, but we'll see him on the 29th.

Christian

I'm going to partake in the lobster season opening night festivities this year so I'm going to pass on this one. Last week's trip sure was fun though! I'll reserve for the 29th.

Debbie

kelphelper:
I'm going to partake in the lobster season opening night festivities this year so I'm going to pass on this one. Last week's trip sure was fun though! I'll reserve for the 29th.

Debbie
Yeah, you'll probably be sleeping when we go out that morning since you'll have been attending the opening night festivities the night before. :D

I look forward to seeing you on the 29th though which I understand is filling up quickly.

Christian

Let me know if you decide to try another boat in the future. I think charging us for the 1st fill in the tank and another fill after just isn't right.

BrianS:
Let me know if you decide to try another boat in the future. I think charging us for the 1st fill in the tank and another fill after just isn't right.
3 dives= 3 fills. If I were bringing my own tanks I would have to pay for that first fill at a dive shop. Think of the convenience of not having to drag your own tank to the boat!

It all works out in the end. :wink:

Deb

It was just my opinion. I've been on other boats that charge the same amount but include fills. I may not be the only one that feels like that, since they only have 2 people signed up. If there is a reason why someone won't sign up, they should state it to see if something can be changed.

Back
Top Bottom