Mo2vation OCTOBER 1st, '05 Boat Dive planning thread - Sundiver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer. :sad:

Maybe there will be a cancellation.

I'll switch the Oct. 29th thread to become the sticky thread, since that is the next one up.

I just spoke to Ray and he still has some room available on Oct. 29th, but don't wait 'cause it's getting full.

Christian

I just spoke with Ray and he told me that it looks like he might have a couple of spots opening up tomorrow for this Saturday.

If you want to go, call Ray (his contact info in the first post of this thread) and tell him to let you know if he gets those 2 openings.

Christian

Hey Christian,

Re the departure time for the Sundiver trip, although their Catalina open boats usually leave at 7 a.m., I believe the one this Saturday 10/1 leaves at 8 a.m. This at least is what Ray shows on his online schedule and what he mentioned to me a few days ago.

The reason I know is that I'll be on his all-night trip to Catalina Friday night, which is slated to get back to the dock at 7 a.m. Saturday in time for your guys' departure an hour later.

I won't be able to go on the Saturday daytime trip, but I'll probably see y'all on the dock ...

Frank O:
Hey Christian,

Re the departure time for the Sundiver trip, although their Catalina open boats usually leave at 7 a.m., I believe the one this Saturday 10/1 leaves at 8 a.m. This at least is what Ray shows on his online schedule and what he mentioned to me a few days ago.

The reason I know is that I'll be on his all-night trip to Catalina Friday night, which is slated to get back to the dock at 7 a.m. Saturday in time for your guys' departure an hour later.

I won't be able to go on the Saturday daytime trip, but I'll probably see y'all on the dock ...
I talked to Ray today and he says we'll shoot for leaving by 7am, but that it may be as late as 8am.

He says it's up to all of you on the all nighter. If everyone is too tired to do anymore diving then he'll head back.

Also, he mentioned that now has one more spot open.

Christian

headhunter:
If everyone is too tired to do anymore diving then he'll head back.
Too tired! It'll be tight as it is to crank out three dives (assuming nice, long dives and ample surface intervals) between midnight and 4:30 a.m., which is when I figure we need to pull anchor to hit that 7 a.m. return target.

Of course if I limit ou --, uh, that's to say, fill up my memory card --, err, whatever, earlier than that, I suppose I might be out of the water a little earlier than 4:30.

When you all wake up or return, make sure to tell us what we missed please! I did a midnight Laguna Beach dive with my dive club and my second stage fell apart as I began to descend. That's the second time this week I had to clean dive gear but didn't get to dive. I hope your night was better!

Deb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom