Moalboal/Camiguin trip report (very short)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am an expat living in Cebu and I dive very often in Moalboal, Savedra Dive Center is the dive shop of my choice. The thresher sharks are still there, I see them nearly every time I dive in Pescador Island. I have seen also several times whale sharks over the last couple of weeks. All this marine life is attracted by a giant school of sardines. There was one case a few weeks ago where a local fisherman caught a thresher shark, using scuba and a spear gun, but he was arrested by the police. It seems that this send a strong signal to everybody to leave the threshers alone. I observed only hook and line fishermen near Pescador lately, no commercial fishing boats or nets. Hope they keep it that way.

Cumiguin is great! Visibility is not the best but for macro lovers it is a perfect place. Pygmy sea horses, frog fish, harlequin shrimps, etc. I did a dive safari there a while ago. We stayed at Cumiguin Action Geckos.

Cumiguin is great! Visibility is not the best but for macro lovers it is a perfect place. Pygmy sea horses, frog fish, harlequin shrimps, etc. I did a dive safari there a while ago. We stayed at Cumiguin Action Geckos.

I agree. Camiguin is very under-rated. I've heard the viz can be bad, but it's always been good in June/July when I'm there.

Back
Top Bottom