Modified mount for Deep 6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I'm a bungee mount kind of guy.. I need to update this posr when I find the guy from Russia I think who makes mounts different dive computers.

Anyway, it isn't pretty but not horrible the way I cut a notch out to connect the charger. If you have both an angle grimder and Dremel-like tool you can make a fairly reasonable notch like I did.

20231010_220845.jpg
20231010_220852.jpg

So I'm a bungee mount kind of guy.. I need to update this posr when I find the guy from Russia I think who makes mounts different dive computers.

Anyway, it isn't pretty but not horrible the way I cut a notch out to connect the charger. If you have both an angle grimder and Dremel-like tool you can make a fairly reasonable notch like I did.

View attachment 805471View attachment 805472
I have a goodman handle that I've printed in both PLA and PTG. The PLA didn't last long at all and actually warped inthe sun. The PTG can go about a year before I see hairline cracks where it's stressed. I'll still use it but it's days are numbered.

My point is, be careful. I think ABS or nylon would hold up but I haven't tried those yet. Just don't want you to look down one day and see an empty mount. Check it often depending what material.

Cool mount. I have mine on a long strap and it just stays on the suit unless I need to charge it.

IIRC, @SpecialTest was working on a replacement mount using the band lug to use with bungie. It was pretty impressive. His were aluminum, but I'd even think it could be 3D printed too.

Basically blocks to go on the pins which had holes for the bungie...

@rob.mwpropane

It took me a bit to find it. Per For Sale - 80+ models of bungee adapters for computers and compasses, the plastic is PETG. Maybe @shenzhen can chime in.

I don't know the difference between PETG and PTG. My Googling efforts are not providing me which exact matches. This thread of PET vs PETG may or may not be appropriate: What is the difference between PET/PETE and PETG?

Maybe I used the wrong abbreviation, it's definitely PETG. It's pretty solid, it does seem to do well. On my goodman handle it's where the screws tighten down that it cracks. Mine has been cracked for months and I'm just too lazy to print another and it's still working fine.

I just think it would be a good idea to inspect it periodically. Wouldn't want you to lose your dc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom