MOLASSES REEF, sunday, 1/31/2016, PIXS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
partly sunny/cloudy skies, winds E 10kts, seas 1 to occasionally 3FT offshore the upper keys today. 2 dives@ MOLASSES REEF, buoys M9 and M19. visibility a dirty blue then green 40FT degrading to 25FT on dive #2. minimal current, water temp 74-75F @ 15-35FT. reef sharks but overall a quiet day on the reef, however, not bad for the end of January. dive buddies; tom and timg(provides the captures),,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.png
    m1.png
    300.4 KB · Views: 70
  • m2.png
    m2.png
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • m3.png
    m3.png
    704.6 KB · Views: 76
  • m4.png
    m4.png
    772.1 KB · Views: 69
  • m5.png
    m5.png
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 79
  • m6.png
    m6.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 69
  • m7.png
    m7.png
    748.8 KB · Views: 69
  • m8.png
    m8.png
    682.6 KB · Views: 69
  • m9.png
    m9.png
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 67
  • m10.png
    m10.png
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 59
Very nice set. Especially liked the horse eye jacks and the Nassau grouper. Seems like I don't see many Nassau grouper shots.

Thank you Dave C. Nassau groupers can be the easiest to shoot sometime, particularly when they are on a cleaning station. Black groupers are very shy and more difficult to approach.

I remember when #1 dive buddy Andrea and I dove with Gary & Brenda at Conch Republic. One day the dives they planned were to sites we weren't interested in so they hooked us up with another operator that took us to Molasses Reef. Gary was very apologetic since we had dived that site with them a day or two before. Andrea and I really enjoyed the site and were quite happy to have dived there more than once on our trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom