Monterey 2 divers dead, separate incidents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
To summerize

First incident: Pt Lobos 23 Nov 06: 50 yr old with 17 yrs old son

Second Inident Breakwater 24 Nov 06: 36 year old with 15 year old son

News story from Monterey County Herald

Be careful out there guys

Sympathy to all.

Strength to the 2 youths who gave it their all.

Pete

Not too long ago there was another Father /Son dive team that had a fatality

Man dies in scuba diving accident

A Roseville man apparently died in a scuba diving accident off of Lovers Point on Friday, Pacific Grove police reported. ######, 54, was pulled to shore shortly before noon by his 19-year-old son and other divers, police said. Police officers, ocean-rescue workers, and fire and ambulance paramedics responded to the scene.##### was taken to Community Hospital of the Peninsula, where he was pronounced dead at 12:31 p.m. Investigators said he apparently became entangled

Published on July 9, 2006, Page B2, Monterey County Herald, The (CA)

Wow! I was just diving at Coral Street yesterday and completely aborted the 2nd dive. I'll keep them in my prayers. :(

Very sad indeed, my deepest condolences to the families.

RoyN:
Wow! I was just diving at Coral Street yesterday and completely aborted the 2nd dive. I'll keep them in my prayers. :(

Sometimes the best lessons in diving are the ones we take in from the beach....

What's going on in Monterey?! I just ran across this looking for travel safety information:

http://www.**********/news/safety/s061109a.html

"SAN MATEO, California (9 Nov 2006) -- Robert Crawford's diving buddy had his back turned for no more than 20 seconds, but in that time, Crawford vanished from the ocean surface. It was the last time he was seen alive."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom