• Drysuit-all year

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Wetsuit-all year

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Drysuit-winter; wetsuit-rest of the year

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove wet until 2 months ago now I own a drysuit the temperature is no better accept on the second or third dive the dry suit is better and easier to put on and maneuver in and it will not be cold to put back on for another dive.
I will dive wet again but probably not in the Monterey area.

Unfortunately Im still wet...Marriage and wedding expenses have put a hold on the drysuit purchase. I manage to stay fairly warm,but do feel the chill on the 47 degree days past 60ft! My hands and feet seem to suffer the most....

Have my eyes on a Diving Concepts DS though...soon!

Drew

I can handle one dive in the wetsuit, but if we are talking mulitple dives, drysuit all the way! I prefer diving, in general, in my wetsuit... just more manueverable. But, for warmth and overall comfort (despite feeling like a bus going throughthe water) it is drysuit season for monterey and northcoast diving!

the only time i dive in a wetsuit anymore is when i'm after ab's. the rest of the time i'm in a drysuit. why would anyone dive wet if you have the choice of diving dry!!!!! ken

Wetsuit? I just don't like feeling naked in a glass of icewater in Monterey. We were in the water 3 hours on one dive today and at the end of it, I was just starting to get a bit cold. I'd be blue if I were in a wetsuit. Actually when I didn't know any better, getting out of the water with blue hands and feet and shivering was considered normal.

Not any more!

Back
Top Bottom