More Long Hose Ignorance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an (ex) BSAC instructor I don't recognise this philosophy. Nor have I ever heard of the club in question. The idea put forward is preposterous.

Really? That's your defense of this guy? That El Guapo hurt your feelings on Usenet twenty years ago and you are still bitter about it today? GI3 doesn't even dive anymore, and nobody cares what he spouted off about back in the day. You might want to check if the rest of the world has moved on and you are the only one still holding on this. Because I don't see anyone in this thread that "defended George 20 years ago" that is (sic) "defending Long Hose today". Maybe it's just you?

Edit: Were you even diving 20 years ago? Or is this all about something you read on the Intarwebz, after the fact?

Is english your second language? I didn't defend this guy. Did I hurt your wittle feelings? Yes, George basically spouted the same exact bull****e 20 years ago. The difference is, he was on the otherside of the argument as this guy. The cycle is funny, so is the irony.

Yes, George basically spouted the same exact bull****e 20 years ago.
Dude. It was 20 years ago. Let it go. It's been a long time since anyone cared, one way or the other. Except a few people who read about on the internet and continue to spout about it as though it was yesterday.

What I see is this-

ACUC in my experience is pretty much limited to the Canadian military types. If anyone says they are ACUC certified, you can pretty much guarantee that they were Canadian military or were trained by someone that was.

Looking at the amount of rules and the structure of the website I would guess that this Bill guy is retired military and spent most of his time as a mid grade non-com in an administration job writing policy. He's probably about as much fun to spend time with as an auditor at tax time.

Any other guesses?

ACUC in my experience is pretty much limited to the Canadian military types. If anyone says they are ACUC certified, you can pretty much guarantee that they were Canadian military or were trained by someone that was.

Looking at the amount of rules and the structure of the website I would guess that this Bill guy is retired military and spent most of his time as a mid grade non-com in an administration job writing policy. He's probably about as much fun to spend time with as an auditor at tax time.

To be honest, I thought it must be a spoof, but you make a good argument.

What I see is this-

Any other guesses?

ACUC and the Canadian military? I don't know what your talking about....now drop and give me 50.....:)

ACUC and the Canadian military? I don't know what your talking about....now drop and give me 50.....:)

Come to think of it, all the ACUC guys I know were also air force. So "Drop and give me 7" is probably more like it! :D

More like, "give me 7 and then drop?"

You guys are just plain mean....:)..I'll have you know that on several occasions and even in the same week I did at least 25 push ups.......it was easier when the puddles were filled with water....Besides if 7 pushups took us longer than 20 minutes it cut in to our time in the Officer's mess......

Come to think of it, all the ACUC guys I know were also air force. So "Drop and give me 7" is probably more like it! :D

More like, "give me 7 and then drop?"

You guys are just plain mean....:)..I'll have you know that on several occasions and even in the same week I did at least 25 push ups.......it was easier when the puddles were filled with water....Besides if 7 pushups took us longer than 20 minutes it cut in to our time in the Officer's mess......
Now, all of this is just funny! :rofl3: :rofl3:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom