more photos from DIR trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad you will use them. Sandra is not really "wired" to shoot anything other than marine life shots, so the team stuff here was all I could pull from her on this go round.. :)

If any of you guys want a full size image you can print, let me know and I can send the full sized tif ... These can print with perfect clarity up to around 24 by 36 inches.

On another note, please see if your team wants to do a trip in one of the weeks soon after Easter....

As much as I *love* pictures of myself (kidding :wink:), I'm happy to now have pictures that much better represent the actual diving we did.

I'd love to make another trip down, and I'll make sure to spread the word. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's in the cards for me.

As for food:
Breakfast: I liked the breakfast at the Hilton. If they would throw in the warm stuff - scrambled eggs and such - for the same price that we paid - about $10 I think. Of course less would be fine with me too :). I wouldn't need access to the guy making special order omelets. That should make it easy for their servers to manage pricing as well.

Dinner: I liked the bar menu at Hilton. Their Cob and Chicken/Brie salads were huge and very tasty. And not unreasonably priced either. Of course I'm in NYC, so my price perspective is probably quite biased. If they could make a Diver Menu with somewhat similar items, but maybe a tad simpler to drop the price that would be good too. I would bias the menu towards quality food and maybe a bit less of it versus inexpensive but "less good" food.

I don't really know how that would compare with the various fast food places you mention.

Hope this helps,

Henrik

Hey Dan,
Great images. I'll certainly try to blow a few up. Love the turtle! :)
As to the upcoming trip, i'm definately down as long as we can get a reasonable rate from the hotel. Breakfast menue can't be changed by much i'm guessing, as to the dinner, salad is definately a "go" - i think we've had it about 4 times, it was great. Pasta with shrips wasn't bad either, but pricy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom