More So Cal Lobster questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips:
...go somewhere like Lake Perris for you night diving!

Thanks for the advice. You know, I've heard that nothing beats those freshwater lobsters, I think I will try that. Why bother with surf when there's the beautiful Perris waters waiting for us? :wink:

Ok, now back to reality, I appreciate all of the advice I've gotten. And, I'm very happy to have confirmed that my license can stay in the car while I'm diving - I was wondering about the logic of it needing to be pinned to us. Maybe they'd sell more licenses that way - when they get wet and too soggy to read and need to be replaced. :06:

So, it doesn't look like anyone has a link or something to a place that lists what beaches hunting is allowed at? That's too bad - you'd think the DFG would list something like that - where reserves are and aren't, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for the other info, though, and happy hunting to everyone!

I was out on my boat late last night(midnite) out of Redondo and it was flat calm with 1-2 ft swells so if the wind and swells are the same tonight the Redondo-Palos Verdes area would be xint for beach diving.

Good Luck!

Persons diving from a boat or shore may have their license on the boat or within 500 yards from shore, respectively. The law now provides for a minimum $250 fine for fishing without a license.

Minimum size requirements allow the taking of any spiny lobster that has at least a 3 1/4 inch carapace, the rear edge of the eye socket to the rear edge of the body shell. Measuring properly is important as taking an undersized lobster is defined as poaching under Fish and Game regulations, punishable by a fine of $1,000 and/or a six-month imprisonment for each lobster illegally taken. The daily bag limit is seven, and no more than the daily bag limit may be taken or possessed by any one person.

Back
Top Bottom