More Wyndham/Sabor drama with a Sand Dollar Sports and Dive Palancar thrown in!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if they own the cement dock and land to it, what did the property owners want to charge them $20K/month for? That must have been in Pesos but still? It was a really dumb move on the property owners to allow anyone else to own that. :silly:

yeah, must be pesos, if so i think that would still be about $1,800 usd..
it would not surprise me if the sabor puts up a gate on the walkway to concrete pier to keep people from getting there easy!!

sd should have good deals on there dives now that they pay NOTHING !!!

So if they own the cement dock and land to it, what did the property owners want to charge them $20K/month for? That must have been in Pesos but still? It was a really dumb move on the property owners to allow anyone else to own that. :silly:
yeah, must be pesos, if so i think that would still be about $1,800 usd..
it would not surprise me if the sabor puts up a gate on the walkway to concrete pier to keep people from getting there easy!!

sd should have good deals on there dives now that they pay NOTHING !!!
Ever heard the term http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_standoff...?

It may be more a movie term, but those guys can play Push & Shove with the best...!!

The concrete dock belongs to SD huh? You can hear anything but if they are still operating there, putting up a shed, and have painted their name on it - I guess so. And that is funny.

So Sabor/Reef club owns the dive shop building and wooden dock and that's where DP is operating? Are the cement dock, wooden dock, and building all together? I haven't been there in years. Just screwy...!!

I was told the $20K/month was USD which was no way (SDS employee). Someone at the resort (not customer) said it was $10K/month but a little skeptical of how they would know. Even that would be large in this economy. Watching the boats it looked to me like the boats in general were somewhat lightly loaded. Maybe Christi or other ops can chime in/comment. Being in the members section it's easier to get to SDS dock than the wooden pier. What SDS was paying for was being the "official" op of the resort and they got the use of the building. Since that is gone they are building their own building. I would guess DP will have to load the boats with tanks elsewhere or make a long trek to bring stuff down.

We had a 3 segment flight yesterday/sadly this morning via IAH then ORD before home and as usual got hosed into then out of ORD. Just waking up and as soon as I get moving/unpacked I will post the pics and a further report.

Quick summary, great week of diving and hanging at the resort. Didn't make it to town though so I missed the drinks at WW which was a major bummer.

:cool2: For your viewing pleasure (concrete dock, just outside Sabor property):

SandDollarDock.JPG.w300h225.jpg

Jeff
DIVERSIFIED DIVERS SCUBA - Home Page

:lol:​

Now that's a poke in the eye for Sabor...:D

We had a 3 segment flight yesterday/sadly this morning via IAH then ORD before home and as usual got hosed into then out of ORD. Just waking up and as soon as I get moving/unpacked I will post the pics and a further report.

i sure would like to see your pictures

I just returned Sun. evening from here. Most of the info is true, Sabor wanted to double Sand Dollar's rental for the dive shop, not willing to pay they did get kicked out, had 24 hrs. to get off the property. They do own the peir and that property and will continue to operate from there. I had my dives already booked and did have some concerns, but other than being a little disorganized (which is to be expected) everything was perfect. The staff was amazing and the dives were fantastic. 2 of my friends from Nebr. took the Intro To Scuba which they did off the peir and had a great time. One went on to get his Open Water Cert. As far as Dive Palancar, they are operating off the wooden peir by the Aura and operating out of the little shop pool side. I really don't know anything about this group but was not real impressed with what I did see. When thay did the free pool lesson I never once seen anyone in the water with the people doing it, not good by my stanards anyway. For me atleast at this time I'll continue with Sand Dollar, I trust them and they are very good organization. As for as the Sabor, they're going through some changes also, but they will be back as strong as before and I'll be back also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom