Moron dm at anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having lived and worked in an area with very similar dive sites and fish life as Anilao I can tell you that most little things are NOT able to crawl or creep away. Fish ?yes , a nudibranch ? , certainly not. The fish life that makes Anilao famous is mostly animals that fall into the critter category .These critters rely on camouflage not speed to avoid predators so they are much more susceptible to a clumsy diver.

On top of that since they are so cryptic most new divers think because they don't immediately see a fish or whatever on the bottom then that means its acceptable to rest yourself on the bottom. Little do they know there is a blue ring octopus next to their foot...... true story this one.

I never said he killed coral, I said actions such as his ,if built up over time could lead to it's destruction. I believe this attitude is wrong as it lends itself to the idea that if your not directly killing the coral its ok but if just harming it a little bit well then that's fine. It's only a little bit of damage right ?

In the video at the end you can see small structures sticking out of the sand, I assumed this was coral, if this is coral or seaweed or whatever it really doesn't matter. It's still apart of the ecosystem and if you like scuba diving you shouldn't really be doing anything to harm it. I think that's something we can all agree on.

If I pick up a board or lawn chair in the local lake and drop it again, am I killing the local algae? Or, the local exotic zebra mussels?

Maybe you would not kill the local algae or exotic zebra mussels but you would not be helping it.

I'm also wondering what the Dm is holding in his left hand during the video.

Perhaps it's not a coral reef anymore because with Dm's diving like this all the coral's are dead :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom