Most Memorable Dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine occured on Monday diving Bolonnes in Cozumel where we encountered an Atlantis submarine. We finned up to the observation deck and rode the sub like a giant scooter. The tourists inside had their faces pressed against the window, waving like crazy and taking our pictures. I wonder how many of those tourists came away with the idea of learning to scuba dive?

Now that's Cool! :D Wish I had a picture of that

My most memorable dive was probably the "Graduation Dive" on my deco course. This was a shore dive from Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman. Profile was 150 for 30 minutes on a 45 degree sloping wall.Below us at 200 feet the wall went vertical and just disappeared into an abyss. With maybe 5 minutes of bottom time remaining my instructor asked if I was OK. I said yes. He took a hard left turn and swam into the wall of blue for a couple of minutes , turned over ,sat back as if in an easy chair and gave a huge OK with both hands . We looked around at the vastness . 6000 feet of water below us.Light blue above us dark blue below.Just amazing.

Of course it may have just been the nitrogen

Well, I haven't been diving that long, or been that many places, but there are so many memorable dives . . . Seeing the whale underwater off Lanai; the 15 foot jellyfish on my 50th dive (no, it wasn't 15 feet long, it was AT 15 fsw); the incredible schools of fish at Julian Rocks in Australia.

But there are two dives where I've come out of the water utterly euphoric and giddy, and although they were in two very different places and under very different conditions, they had a lot in common. Both dives were in excellent sites where we had a beautiful variety and profusion of sea life to investigate and admire. But more, both dives were with teammates where the dive was a dance, where we were so much on the same wavelength that it was almost uncanny. Each dive was a rich sharing of the underwater experience, where any glance at my partner revealed him grinning ear to ear as much as I was. Special dives . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom