Most Wanted Diver Found...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christi:
I'll be the first to admit that I am very anal when it comes to reef preservation, but I am not ashamed of that. I also realize that while people touching/harrassing the reef and marine life is only one very small piece of the bigger picture, it is one part that we as divers can help by educating others. Every little bit counts.

...and every little bit matters.

Christi, I thank you and those like you. It is because of this care, the rest of will HAVE a place to dive... next time!

You need to apologise to no one... ¡Causa buena!

Tim Ingersoll:
So how about posting the culprit's name and address? Wouldn't that at least be some measure of justice?

Vigilantism to me especially when so many people on the board have said we should not name bad dive ops.

Tim Ingersoll:
So how about posting the culprit's name and address? Wouldn't that at least be some measure of justice?

He probably would not survive the tongue lashing that he deserves to get :censored: and is probably too :chicken: **** to show up on any board.

cdiver2:
Vigilantism to me especially when so many people on the board have said we should not name bad dive ops.

I said on several occasions that I am not blaming the dive op. The dive op was in fact very responsive, helpful and ultimately responsible for ID'ing the diver. The owner of the dive shop called me persoanlly to tell me that she knew who it was and had addressed the situation. She also asked him to contact me.

Even if I had his name, I would not post it here.

Moodiejeff:
I'm glad I wasn't there for this seahorse incident.
:redbite:
I wonder what the outcome would have been, had our little dinner party been there!!!!
Your Seahorse pics were my favorites!!
I hope they stick around for an encore.
Hope your doing well!
Kent :uptosome:

Christi:
How about privately(with witnesses)giving his name to his certifying agency and the Park?
Is there such thing as a Coz blacklist?

I hope things are good, Christi!!

Kent :smash: :wink:

Christi:
I said on several occasions that I am not blaming the dive op. The dive op was in fact very responsive, helpful and ultimately responsible for ID'ing the diver. The owner of the dive shop called me persoanlly to tell me that she knew who it was and had addressed the situation. She also asked him to contact me.

You state above that the owner knows who it was and has addressed the situation, that sounds fair enough to me so why the witch hunt on the board?.

cdiver2:
You state above that the owner knows who it was and has addressed the situation, that sounds fair enough to me so why the witch hunt on the board?.

Not a witch hunt. I think we all do well to remember that the world is small and growing smaller. You can't be a flaming ********e, even thousands of miles from home, and expect that there not to be consequences. If I knew the name of the individual I would post it. Why not? I can understand Christi's hesitation because she has a business to think of but without such a consideration what's to stop us from naming names? The same holds true for naming dive ops. Why not? Read reviews on tripadvisor and the like. They don't hesitate to name names why should we?

How is slapping him on the wrist ok?

Frankly I don't see her actions as any better than the diver's. Hopefully she was repremanded for her actions. She escalated this situation, and that is not acceptable.

When he got back to the boat, they should have told him is diving in the park is over. Not assaulted him.

Christi:
Nevertheless, when I polled my clients about it, they all agreed that other than the writing on the slate, she handled it well and was not agressive towards him. None of them felt she was out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom