motion sickness, does one get used to it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am one of the "lucky" ones. After 2 years and about 300 boat dives....if it's rocking bad, I'm on the edge...even with medication.

goodknight411:
Just a side note
If you have to use the scop pactch, you can cut it in half if the whole dose makes you sick.

:eyebrow: NO..... if u read the instructions is says not to cut in half. I use the patches all the time and therefore do not get sea sick anymore. But my doctor said not to cut in half and it says that on the package insert. :profile: :doctor: Kathy

My husband and I take one Bonine tablet the night before the boat trip and one the morning of. This has worked out quite well for us, as we haven't been sick yet!

If all else fails it's necessary to zen it out..

Take the "I feel fine, it's just my body that is having a bit of rebellion on me." attitude and keep diving. It's amazing hoe effective that is at reducing both the number and intensity of motion sickness incidents.

FT[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the next person you see bent over the railing giving up their lunch to fishes! "come on man, just Zen it out!"

Do you eventually get use to it????

No, not everyone does. I daresay if you doubt me, ask someone who was discharged from the Navy or the Coast Guard for seasickness. Believe me, before they discharge you, they make sure "you didn't get use to it". I know, I was discharged from the CG for seasickeness and know of people who were airlifted off a ship due to "not getting use to it....or gaining their sealegs".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom