moving to SW FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misdmnr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Job is in Punta Gorda....wondering if diving is better up there or in Fort myers?

Honest answer......the diving along this coast is not great anywhere! There is a reason most people go over to the Atlantic Coast to dive not in the Gulf.

I'm in Fort Myers too, I head over to the other coast. Apparently if you want a 2.5 hr boat ride you can get to a good wreck off of Cape Coral, and there's shark tooth diving in Venice (north) but I just head to the easy diving on the other coast :)

I live in fort myers. I moved here in less than a year ago and I have not found any local diving. People who have boats go out and dive, I am not sure how that is but I have heard of people doing it. I have also heard the vis at venice is bad but its cool you can find shark teeth, but I have never been there. I have tried to shore dive at boca grande but the current was outrageous so we cancelled the dive. I usually drive to west palm beach. Its only about 2.5 hours and the diving is great.

There is great diving off SW FL. I run Island Coast Excursions, we dive all over our Gulf. It does take a little more time than the East Coast but it's well worth it. It's 1 1/2 hrs out to the USS Mohawk reef a 165' Coast Gaurd Cutter, next to it is the 110' Pegasus tug both in 90' of water. 5 miles south of there is an ancient sinkhole , the rim is at 90' and drops to over 200', most of the good diving is above 110' and that's just to name a few. Check out our website Island Coast Excursions or our FaceBook page for pictures and site info.

happy diving,
Capt. Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom