Moving your wife to DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am lucky that my gal let me pick her gear. Except she got a Freedom Plate with an Oxycheq Mach V wing (Which the knob was quickly cut off of and replaced by a thicker rope).

Just ask her where her can light is going to go on her current BCD? "Oh honey the can light will look great mounted on this "H" BP/W."

I am lucky that my gal let me pick her gear. Except she got a Freedom Plate with an Oxycheq Mach V wing (Which the knob was quickly cut off of and replaced by a thicker rope).

Just ask her where her can light is going to go on her current BCD? "Oh honey the can light will look great mounted on this "H" BP/W."

I added that knob on this system to make it easier till she understands the right way of doing it. Baby steps.......

So what kind of can light is she getting? :rofl3: Can't go wrong with Light Monkey but it sounds like you are a loyal "H" supporter.

I have a friend that wants to do a weight check in his gear (bp/w) this winter. Maybe i could get her in the water at the same time. Kind of make it fun.

So what kind of can light is she getting? :rofl3: Can't go wrong with Light Monkey but it sounds like you are a loyal "H" supporter.

I like Light Monkey products but don't own any. Right now a primary light is way at the bottom of the list.

Shoot I didn't realize this was in the DIR forum. Mods please delete my posts in this thread and sorry for posting in this forum.

Shoot I didn't realize this was in the DIR forum. Mods please delete my posts in this thread and sorry for posting in this forum.

It's all good you did nothing wrong. Your information was welcome and helpful.

DIR will come when she's ready for it, period. Instead of trying to push her into DIR gear and techniques yourself, bring her along diving with some other DIR divers and hope she will see how comfortable and proficient they are in the water, along with how much fun they are having. She has to want it for herself, period.

Peace,
Greg

Mayor would it be better to get a DIR friend to take her out to try this rather than you? Things can be more tense with a spouse due to different expectations and so on (not sure of your dynamic but I have seen this A LOT with spouses doing hobbies together). My boyfriend races cars, for example, and took me out on the track recently to learn and whilst I know the stuff he was saying to me whilst I was racing was good advice and I was trying to follow his instructions, it still ended up tense as I felt judged and he felt like I was ignoring his instructions. When his friend navigated instead, even though he was telling me the exact same things, it wasn't tense at all and I found it easier to learn :)

You have to be the leader, but force is not always the best way to lead. If you have sat down and had a good long talk over why she wants to dive the ways she does, until it becomes a safety issue, she will have to come to the table when she is ready. The best thing to do is to be the best example you can be without shoving it in her face.

I am going through the same thing with a regular workout routine. My wife likes the results that she sees in me, but is not willing to take the steps I am yet. She knows the benefits, I just have to be the patient loving husband and hope she makes the best choice. She has to feel my love regardless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom