Closed Multiple Regulators: Atomic Aquatics Ti, Sherwood Maximus & Oasis

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked it enough to buy it. :)

The maximus used to be Sherwood's top of the line regulator. It has since been superceded but it is still a solid performer. It shares most of its internals with the sherwood oasis which is probably their most popular regulator. The big difference being the swivel which allows for routing the hose down from the first stage and then back up into the second stage so you don't have this big loop of regulator hose by your head. It also adds an adjustment knob so you can adjust the cracking pressure to make it easier to breath. Sherwood regs are simple, reliable designs that are easy to maintain. This one is configured with the shadow octopus so you only have 3 hoses and so a pretty clean setup.

This is a for sale thread. It is unfair to the OP to divert discussion. It would be better to start your own thread or bring back an older thread more relevant to your interest.

I guess I'm confused how I'm off topic when I'm asking a question about an item I may be interested in purchasing. It seemed appropriate to ask someone with experience with the equipment. I'm sorry if that was inappropriate.

This is a for sale thread. It is unfair to the OP to divert discussion. It would be better to start your own thread or bring back an older thread more relevant to your interest.
Thanks for the info, OP. Let me talk with my wife about it and I'll get back to you.

I don't have any problem answering more questions about dive gear Z. No worries. I sent you a DM.

So I've gotten a couple of questions about the shadow + (or Shadow minimus) octopus on the Maximus regulator. That reg is equipped with a shadow + octopus. It goes on in the place of the power inflator hose. At the second stage, there is a Y splitter. One side goes into a compact second stage, the other side goes into a short standard power inflator hose that goes into a standard power inflator on the BC.

IMG_5050s.jpg

IMG_5051s.jpg

I like this system because all of the connections are standard. You use the same power inflator as you are used to, the connection on the hose is standard. The regulator is actually the exact same as the similar standard octopus that sherwood makes. This is not a great breathing second stage, the octopus, but it is for emergency use. Not everyone is a huge fan of this system so if anyone is interested I can always swap out the standard compact second stage and a standard power inflator hose. I can always separate and sell the pieces separately.

The regulator is actually the exact same as the similar standard octopus that sherwood makes. This is not a great breathing second stage, the octopus, but it is for emergency use.

The Shadow is the Y which replaces the fitting that would normally connect to the 2nd stage and also provides the attachment to the BC hose. They were using the Y fitting, in form or another, on 2nd stages for some time as an alternative to an air2, and I used one on an older Sherwood for a hose to fill air bags.

I have ons of these seconds in a box collecting dust until I can tinker with it, so I haven't had a chance to see how it breathes when tuned properly. @rsingler be able to comment on the performance.

Back
Top Bottom