MX10 - Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbundersea.com sells an excellent fiber optic cable as well as attachment parts that will enable you to put the strobe onto a S&S strobe arm. Trust me, even in what you think is really clear water, you WILL get backscatter if the YS040 is attached directly to the MX-10's side.

I upgraded my MX-10 to use these parts and as a newbie have taken some pretty good shots IMHO. I added the wide angle and macro lenses. This is a great system - one camera but macro/wa anytime you wish during same dive.

Several dive resorts now teach u/w photog courses using the MX-10 specifically for newbies that want to learn basics before being overwhelmed with so many variables.

You'll have a blast with this camera.

(posted by diveski01)

Thanks for all your help I have attached a few pics from my first time out. Visibility was a little bit of an issue - mainly because I was last in line on a drift dive so the divers in front kicked up alot of "dust".

It was alot of fun and I now have some documentation of my dive.

400 ASA with MX10+YS40A with and without close-up lens ~90ft down - overcast day

Scuba65:
Nassua...one word of advise. you should pick up the fiber optic cable for this one...my hubby has one and if you don't have the cable you will be having alot of backscatter. He got the cable and now the pictures are much better.

Word of advice. Do not buy the fiber optic cable manufactured by Sea & Sea. Unless they've done some serious improvement on it lately, it will fail, often. www.gbundersea.com has a great cable for the MX10 that has proven to us to be much superior.

Looks like you had a great time and took some lovely shots! Good job :D

It looks like you are getting a little burn out from the strobe...if I remember right you can't actually adjust the angle or distance on the 40? You might want to use a diffuser with it and that should reduce a bit of that too bright foreground...

Alcina,
You are correct!! I think it was user error though. Since I am new to uw photography, I was a little excited my first time out. I thought I had everything set-up correctly before I entered the water - HOWEVER - When I got back on the boat I noticed my strobe was not set to auto exposure, therefore, I was using the full power which effected my results. I am going to chalk it up to lesson-learned! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom