My Confined Water Dive with BP/W experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when I tried to descend it was hard to sink below a couple feet.

Anyone besides me find this an interesting comment? Will someone please explain the physics of this to me -- that is, how can one descend "a couple feet" and then not be able to sink any more -- assuming no other changes in finning or breathing or BCD inflation?

If you can descend "a couple feet" you can descend.

Pretty clearly the individual was either:

a. Starting to kick up (one of the problems of doing a vertical descent);

b. Taking a deeper breath and perhaps holding it; and/or

c. Adding too much air to BCD.

Anyone besides me find this an interesting comment? Will someone please explain the physics of this to me -- that is, how can one descend "a couple feet" and then not be able to sink any more -- assuming no other changes in finning or breathing or BCD inflation?

d. Exhaust bubbles are getting trapped by diver's hood. Cone head makes diver more buoyant.

e. Water temperature is significantly warmer than air temperature. Brief time immersed makes bubbles in neoprene expand, making diver more buoyant.

rx7diver:
d. Exhaust bubbles are getting trapped by diver's hood. Cone head makes diver more buoyant.

e. Water temperature is significantly warmer than air temperature. Brief time immersed makes bubbles in neoprene expand, making diver more buoyant.

<---- deleted ------>

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will check up on all those the next time I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom