My DEMA blog: 2014, Las Vegas Convention Center, North Halls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what do you think, Pete?
In my eyes, the public tearing down of your competitor is always unethical. It doesn't matter if it's a manufacturer, agency or resort: shut up about your competitors! Tell us why you're so good, not why your competitor is so bad. I've had a couple of talks with a few "suits", but my primary focus here is on the positive: not the drama.

SeaShell have an iPhone 6 case there? I have their 5 model and love it - hoping their case for the 6 comes out soon!

In my eyes, the public tearing down of your competitor is always unethical. It doesn't matter if it's a manufacturer, agency or resort: shut up about your competitors! Tell us why you're so good, not why your competitor is so bad. I've had a couple of talks with a few "suits", but my primary focus here is on the positive: not the drama.

I agree with this, but couldn't Brian's letter be considered as negative talk about a competitor?

This will go down as the most contentious show I've ever attended. ITI is at PADIs throat...

There is a "personal perspective" letter on the SDI/TDI/ERDI website that gives that agency's perspective and some of the background. I had no idea this was going on https://www.tdisdi.com/2014-letter-by-brian/

Undercurrent wrote about this. The letter doesn't mention the fact about driving Willis out of instructor underwriting, to the benefit of PADI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw 4 vendors with "scuba rated" housings for smartphones: Bonica/SeaShell, i-Pix, Nauticam and Watershot.
All of them support (or have plans to support) iPhones (from 4S to 6) and Samsung Galaxy (S3 and S4).
None of them has plans to support the Note 3.
We will have a dive computer module for all of them.

Thanks.
I'll wait till I can get a housing for my Note 3....which may well mean not adopting this "shoot and post" technology/behavior :)

It's four in the morning after the show. I have a hundred plus pictures and a few videos still to process. My body hurts from the walking, bad food and the pace of the show. Elena and I are taking a few days off to visit this area. Be patient as I piece this together.

It's four in the morning after the show. I have a hundred plus pictures and a few videos still to process. My body hurts from the walking, bad food and the pace of the show. Elena and I are taking a few days off to visit this area. Be patient as I piece this together.

Enjoy your free time. :)

Sounds like standard dive industry douchebaggery to me. If only the world knew of the behind the scenes highschool bull**** drama that plagues the scuba industry...

Except if there is any truth to PADI purposely trying to get Willis out of the Dive insurance business, that goes a lot further.....This is also a massive interference with the "enjoyment of diving" for divers in general, by a strategic attempt to cripple competition.

Back
Top Bottom