My DiveRite XT fins cracked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked my old gray XTs, we seem to only have black, blue, and red in the US. Do you also have gray and green?
Same 3 color here in Taiwan, but still wish they produce green fins, lime green or 「The Mask」green

Okay, I’ll write an email to DR. Hope I could get new grey fins or green will be perfect, as I said, I’m a serious diver.
I am back to share about what happened since then.

I have been writing email with Dive Rite Support since last December, describing how my XT fins cracked and when did I buy it, sharing pictures with date code on the bottom of the XT's fins.

Dive Rite Support told me they are sorry to hear about the issue. It could be covered under warranty and ask about the size of my XT's.

Now 4 months have almost past, I still haven't got XT fins repaired or get new pair of XT's under warranty.

At first I was happy to hear it could be covered under warranty, but not sure is it normal to take 4 months for Dive Rite to solve a warranty problem.

Well, if I lose patient waiting for the warranty and buy split fins, that's on Dive Rite.

I am back to share about what happened since then.

I have been writing email with Dive Rite Support since last December, describing how my XT fins cracked and when did I buy it, sharing pictures with date code on the bottom of the XT's fins.

Dive Rite Support told me they are sorry to hear about the issue. It could be covered under warranty and ask about the size of my XT's.

Now 4 months have almost past, I still haven't got XT fins repaired or get new pair of XT's under warranty.

At first I was happy to hear it could be covered under warranty, but not sure is it normal to take 4 months for Dive Rite to solve a warranty problem.

Well, if I lose patient waiting for the warranty and buy split fins, that's on Dive Rite.
same thing happened to me. I loved my DiveRite XT fins but one day....while teaching a tech class, i had the same issue. The top of my foot pocket split down the middle. It took far too long to get them replaced. In fact it took so long, i purchased a pair of OMS Slipstream fins (which are great fins). When the replacement XT fins showed up, i put them into inventory at our shop.

I buy a new pair every 4-5 years or so and just rotate them into usage. Currently I have 3 pairs of these I rotate through. I view them kind of like wetsuits or pocket shorts. They won't last forever. Fins take a pretty good beating each and every dive. I've had one fin split on me along the side of the top foot pocket and I lost another on a wicked current on the M/V Castor off of Boynton Beach FL (I hadn't pulled the heal pad high enough on my boot). Other than that, I've had great luck with these fins. They are by far my favorite wetsuit fins. I've been diving one iteration or another of these fins for 15+ years.

I buy a new pair every 4-5 years or so and just rotate them into usage. Currently I have 3 pairs of these I rotate through. I view them kind of like wetsuits or pocket shorts. They won't last forever. Fins take a pretty good beating each and every dive. I've had one fin split on me along the side of the top foot pocket and I lost another on a wicked current on the M/V Castor off of Boynton Beach FL (I hadn't pulled the heal pad high enough on my boot). Other than that, I've had great luck with these fins. They are by far my favorite wetsuit fins. I've been diving one iteration or another of these fins for 15+ years.
i've been using them a long time. My original XT fins broke the old heel cable connection. But i had a good 300-500 dives on it. The new model XT fin lasted 8 dives before it split.

i've been using them a long time. My original XT fins broke the old heel cable connection. But i had a good 300-500 dives on it. The new model XT fin lasted 8 dives before it split.

Well 8 dives is clearly not acceptable!! LOL

same thing happened to me. I loved my DiveRite XT fins but one day....while teaching a tech class, i had the same issue. The top of my foot pocket split down the middle. It took far too long to get them replaced. In fact it took so long, i purchased a pair of OMS Slipstream fins (which are great fins). When the replacement XT fins showed up, i put them into inventory at our shop.

Well 8 dives is clearly not acceptable!! LOL

I keep thinking that, maybe i'm not serious enough to dive with the XT fins...
Or maybe Dive Rite is not serious enough to notice that something bad might happen when someone is diving against strong current, and XT fins cracks or splits.

1683093446846.png

I've been considering a pair of these but it sounds like the 2 materials de-laminating is somewhat common? Anybody else with pics of the plastics separating?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom