My DiveRite XT fins cracked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've been using them a long time. My original XT fins broke the old heel cable connection. But i had a good 300-500 dives on it. The new model XT fin lasted 8 dives before it split.
Were the ones at the shop black XXL and sold as used? If so, I might have been the one who bought them.

I've owned 3 pairs. The first pair, I somehow damaged the top middle with all my gear in a bin coming back from a shore dive. I took it the LDS I bought it from. They reached out to DR and said they wouldn't replace it. The newer version of the fins has a much thicker material on the top. I'm very careful to make sure the top of the fins are always facing the wall of my bin or at the top of my dive bag. What I don't like about the new fins is the rubber ankle piece, there's no loop and it's difficult to put on. I replaced the heel loop with an XS Scuba model. I had to buy new springs just for the part. I said I owned 3 pairs (2.5 actually), it's because I have two different sizes, one for a full boot and one for standard booties.

Sorry to revive this thread a couple months later, but I just noticed the same thing happening to my XTs. Less than 18 months old, and probably only 30 or 40 dives on them here in Florida. Stored indoors when not in use. I've had much cheaper fins last much longer and be abused much more...

Emailed DR last night, but any other resolution or recommendations here?

Edit to add photos.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• 16906516211866950899669273399707.jpg
    16906516211866950899669273399707.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 16906516628326590825212755666696.jpg
    16906516628326590825212755666696.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 96
I'm saddened that this has not been resolved by DR.

Hmmm...

Sorry to revive this thread a couple months later, but I just noticed the same thing happening to my XTs. Less than 18 months old, and probably only 30 or 40 dives on them here in Florida. Stored indoors when not in use. I've had much cheaper fins last much longer and be abused much more...

Edit to add photos.

Thanks all.
Thanks guys, I've been sending emails to DR to remind the warranty, unfortunately there were no more responses since Feb/03.
I guess I might be blocked by DR. At first I feel disappoint about DR's after sales service, then I moved on and bought the GULL GT fins.
GULL GT fins are great, Japanese good quality rubber fins, nice flexibility and powerful thrust, though I still like the shape of the XT's.

I'll keep in posted "if" DR have more actions about the warranty.

Edit to add photos.

Thanks all.
On my pair of XT fins the rubber on the top is significantly thicker than the ones in the pictures. My fins are made in 2018 I think. I had an old pair of apollo prestige fins in size large which looked similar in thickness to your ones, but my xt fins are size xl and maybe there is a difference in the rubber thickness between sizes?

Edit to add photos.

Thanks all.
Hello, did DR reply your email?

I had XT fins on my radar list for new fins….. but now will look elsewhere.

I had XT fins on my radar list for new fins….. but now will look elsewhere.
I have had these fins for years and I dive a LOT - never a problem with them. Don't be too quick to judge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom