My first out of air incident!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think - No I hope you know where you went wrong. Your first mistake was made before you even got wet.

Not to pound you though. Thanks for sharing your experience. I knew there was a reason I never wanted to go to the middle east. Now I remember!
Merry Christmas!

At least you did not have the pleasure of jumping out of a plane with a bunch of Pakistan SF. The jump master pretty much had to punch a couple of guys in the face and literally trow them out the door! Very interesting jump!

T

SeaHound:
did not have a BCD, SPG and octo/back up reg! Plus the tank that they gave me was already half used by another diver. DUH! DUH! DUH!

Yikes, You said it, DUH! DUH! DUH!

I can understand no BCD...... Kinda...
I can understand no Octo..... Kinda...
BUT, Half used tank with no SPG, DUH! DUH! DUH!

Sorry to sound harsh but what were you thinking?
I guess I would need more information as to why you were diving in the first place.

Thank goodness you came out OK.
Sounds like a scary situation.

Not to be rude, but what where you thinking?????

Oh My God...! I thought I was bad, but surely I wouldn't have made that dive.

Glad you survived without embolism. :11: Ears okay...?

limeyx:
I am extremely interested in why you didn't exercise option 3 "Don't do the dive" ?

Were you somehow commanded by a superior to have to dive with them?

Well I just thought that these people do daily what they are doing today and they are still alive. Why would something happen to me? Besides they were so calm and confident of what they were doing it seemed like I had no reason for concern.

No I was not ordered or commanded by any one. The atmosphere was very casual. That is in fact the scary part. When I broke the surface gasping for air I thought they will panic and realize what an mess they did. But they were so calm. I told them I could have died in there and they were like "ya well lets have some tea and samosa."

Was this an adventure, thrill seeking, adrenaline pumping dive? Oh, and did you have to pay anything for the pleasure?

Glad you're okay and still breathing. Good learning experience and a great way to have board members remind you of basic OW rules... damn....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom