My first reg set -- MK 25/600, HOG D-1, or something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beav, years ago I took a course in business writing. When writing a letter we were supposed to use the "You" attitude. In short, tell the reader what the benefit to him is.

I am sure you have a nice well-run shop, but the question is how does that benefit me, you potential client.
You might want to ask for your money back.
Maybe a MK25/S600 is better than an HOG, I don't know because I do not have a HOG. However, I do know that a HOG will breath better than a MK2/R295 which is the closest Scubapro model in the same price range.
How do you know a hog is better than a MK2/R295. As far as value the SubGear SG -1000 ( similar to the Scubapro MK17/S600 ), blows the hog out of the water.
Scubapro has an advantage over HOG on dealer network
Yes, my exact point. Scubapro's extensive dealer network means that You may receive the service that you want when you need it!

Furthermore as Your On-line Scubapro Platinum Dealer, Beaver Divers offers you the best price on the best gear.

"How do you know a hog is better than a MK2/R295. As far as value the SubGear SG -1000 ( similar to the Scubapro MK17/S600 ), blows the hog out of the water."

Come on beaverdiver. Just what do you base this statement on? Your statement is no more valid than the one you were trying to refute. Unless one of you have some empirical data to prove your position.......................

As far as value the SubGear SG -1000 ( similar to the Scubapro MK17/S600 ), blows the hog out of the water.Furthermore as Your On-line Scubapro Platinum Dealer, Beaver Divers offers you the best price on the best gear.

attention_whore.jpg

You might want to ask for your money back.How do you know a hog is better than a MK2/R295. As far as value the SubGear SG -1000 ( similar to the Scubapro MK17/S600 ), blows the hog out of the water.Yes, my exact point. Scubapro's extensive dealer network means that You may receive the service that you want when you need it!

Furthermore as Your On-line Scubapro Platinum Dealer, Beaver Divers offers you the best price on the best gear.

Well I tried to give YOU some friendly advice and you want to act like an idiot over a typo. You keep saying Scubapro is the BEST but you offer no proof. Prove to us that Scubapro is better than Aqualung, Apeks, Atomic, Oceanic. Zeagle, or Poseidon. Also prove to us that Scubapro has the most extensive dealer network of any scuba manufacturer. Prove to us that Scubapro's wings / BCs are better than AL/Apeks Hollis/Oceanic, Oxycheq, DSS, Dive Rite, etc.

BTW, I have a MK2/R295 so I can judge how well it breathes. I bought new from an AUTHORIZED Scubapro dealer. It is out of warranty. Why is it out of warranty? because the extensive Scubapro network did not cover Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania. So I did not receive the service I wanted when I needed it. But you did qualify your remark with "may". BTW, the local guy serviced my Sherwoods with no problem.

You mentioned in another thread that the Subgear SG-1000 is $399.00, I can buy a top-of-the-line Apeks XTX 200 for the same price from NESS. I don't think the Subgear is going to blow the Apeks out of the water. Also someone was offering last year's Cayman model for $250, so you may need to sharpen your pencil.

So you offer no proof to your claims. The only reason you consider Scubapro the "best" is because that is all you sell.

Nothing wrong with a HOG regs or anything, but I personally dive a MK17/A700 in the cold(ish depending on who you are) waters of the Puget Sound, and I absolutely love it. The balanced diaphragm MK17 first stage handles beautifully at all depths and water conditions (murky, silt, etc.), and combined with the A700 second stage, the combo is second to none (I dive DIN instead of Yoke).

Got a great deal from BeaverDivers out in CO and haven't looked back since. Casey gave me a great deal and answered all my questions I had in finding the best setup for my particular diving goals. I am one happy customer!

HOG's are nice, but personally I am a ScubaPro reg guy after my experience with their products and dealers around the PNW where I live, and Casey at BeaverDivers out in CO.

*Just to let everyone know, I am not affiliated with any dive shop, brand, or anything. Just a frequent diver looking to give advice based on my personal experiences*

A MK25/600 would be a great reg for you for years to come!

-Roman

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if Subgear was made by any other company but was exactly the same reg....beaverdiver would be saying it is cheap junk. Nothing wrong with being brand proud but one might just keep it real too.

You might be surprised to find out the A700 is the only reg component in the scubapro line that out performs a hog. The mk17/25 do not out perform the d1 or bp1. The s600 does not out perform the hog 2nd. The a700 is an impressive piece though.

Corrected s700->a700
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
You should let DRIS know as they have the information wrong on their site:)

BP1
VENTILATION RATE: AIR SUPPLY/ 3000 PSI : 135SCFM
IIRC MK25 has it at 300

There is no S700 second in SP line if I remember correctly but I guess it's a typo.

You might be surprised to find out the s700 is the only reg component in the scubapro line that out performs a hog. The mk17/25 do not out perform the d1 or bp1. The s600 does not out perform the hog 2nd. The s700 is an impressive piece though.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

BTW, I have a MK2/R295 so I can judge how well it breathes. I bought new from an AUTHORIZED Scubapro dealer. It is out of warranty. Why is it out of warranty?
Your MK2/R295 is still in warranty. It comes w/a limited Lifetime Warranty.

Back
Top Bottom