My irritating talk with Cunard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They terroize grandmothers at airports, slam my wife around for her tweezers--and--you think your getting on a ship with a knife--lol---go ahead and find out--you may get to stay in jail.

The world is insane and guess what--your the bad guy.

N

If you need a good dive shop when your on Bonaire, drop me a PM. I know a great one just up the street from the cruise ship dock....bet they would even rent you a dive knife if you really want one. For what it's worth, I have a lot of hours under Bonaire and I rarely see fishing line. When I do, it's a single strand with plenty of sharp coral around to cut it with if needed. I carry a pair of EMT shears but have never taken them out on Bonaire.

this can be worked around as many have said - shears, Z-Knife, etc - plus, as was mentioned, there is probably zero entanglement issues in Bonaire, or most of the Caribbean for that matter

I agree, there will more than likely be no entanglement issues. If you do run into a problem without a knife, though, one of the 50 other divers down there with you should be able to help you out. :wink:

Thanks for all the advice! I am going to look into EMT shears, but, you are all right, there is no need for them.

Many of you have been saying to put them in my checked Cruise luggage, but I believe they would probably scan this luggage, because, afterall, your 'checked' luggage is not 'checked' in the sense that airplane luggage is.

-----on the notion of dining room knife, this concept makes a lot of sense. Swipe a steak knife, disembark with it, and throw it out before getting back on the boat. This poses two problems though. (1) Sheathing and general safety. My knives have secure sheaths. I just don't know how I would sheath a steak knife. (2) IF, on the off chance I was ever screened anywhere, a STEAK KNIFE from the DINING ROOM would NOT fly with any security personelle, while a diving instrument can be easily justified. 'sorry, officer. i stole this steak knife for scuba diving. i swear'. Ultimately, I don't think its worth the effort.

Just a question, how do you suggest I attach the EMT Shears? I feel my BC pocket would give them too much free range motion. I guess I could devise some bungie contraption.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom