My new baby is on the way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TedJ once bubbled...
I got my pt-015 from Quin Faris (in Japan) before anyone else was selling them on eBay. He was very responsive.

TedJ

I got my PT-015 as well as PWC-01 from Quinlan too (via eBay). He's very quick and reliable resource.

Need I say more?

Congrats.

Wait till I tell Pearce!!! :devil:

~SubMariner~

ppppbbbbbtttttthhhhh!! :D

Ted.....I forgot about Quinlan on ebay. I didn't know Allan was selling on abay, though. Do you know what name he's using?

Monk....thanks for the link. Wonder what shipping from Japan would cost. That's my only reservation about ordering out of the country.

Thanks for the link and ideas.

Dee once bubbled...
Monk....thanks for the link. Wonder what shipping from England would cost. That's my only reservation about ordering out of the country.

Thanks for the link and ideas.

The seller is located in Japan and they have several shipment options. It's best to check with them directly.

BTW when I purchased items from Quinlan, shipping from Japan to Europe was less then $20 (for States was even less).

Hey, Dee...

I think I'd ask Beast to build me a tray. At least it would be industructible!! (Ann ain't going for an Oly 5050 anyway)

Sighhhh...

He's already offered but I'm afraid I'd need a lift bag to use it!

Underwater Digital is out of business???? Could explain why they aren't responding to my e-mails. I had placed an order, got a confirmation back, then nothing. I checked my credit card statement, and the charges had been removed, but no response from the company about what had happened.

Dee,

Three weeks ago, before I went to Curacao, I saw alan selling some u/w photo gear on eBay. I checked his feedback section and he had several recent sales then. He was also buying R/C airplanes and parts.

Don't remember his eBay name and when I just tried to access his website I got the "not authorized" error message.

WRT Quin Faris, shipping from Japan was about $17 for the PT-015 and it arrived in about 3-4 days.

BTW don't forget about the Aquatica tray that I bought for $79 with the handle and flip adapter (which you can take off and not use). B&H has been selling old Aquatica parts on eBay and with a little imagination you can put together a nice tray and arm system. Herb Ko also bought the same one, but then he takes incredible pictures.

Let me know if you want any more details but here is a bad picture of me holding the rig.
186_24caymanbj2003www.jpg

You can also put the standard width tray piece on so that it doesn't stick out on my right. That's what I have done recently. These are all Aquatica Nikonos parts so high quality and a very good price.

TedJ

How strange....His website was up earlier today. I guess it's final. I wish I knew more about eBay and how to find sellers by their names or business'! There are no PT-015's available on eBay, from Quin or anyone else. At least I'm not in a big hurry!

I like the look of your rig. It could work for me. With that strobe arm attached to the top of the handle, that's the design of the Fisheye that I like and what keeps it small, well....with the standard tray. I'm wondering if my L&M Infinity arms could be used on top of the handle? Could you give me specific part numbers to look for? BTW...how do you find such neat stuff on eBay? My searching skills must really suck!!!

Ron, on DDD, may be able to make me a custom job in a few months...his new cutom bike job comes first! :wink: And Beast has even said he'd like to try is hand at a custom Stainless tray. So although the Fisheye is hard to find, it seems I have several options here I had never thought of.

Thanks for the ideas. Camera should be here Friday!

Back
Top Bottom