My new Digital paperweight!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs:
Thanks Lisa

Oh yea, I may be going to Kauai sometime in January. If so I hope I can hook up with ya during the layover in Oahu

I'll be here :D, just gimme a call

Gilligan:
56.gif

Damn dude, I hope my vist to Guam didn't jinx your camera! Sorry to hear about the flood.

Not even!

My rushing to get ready before the dive did it!

like the graphics!, you even used an Aquatica housing. Have my Nioknos today, will shoot some close focus Wide angle stuff like my "abstract" shot that Digi just cant do as well as film. Got a lot of old film to burn anyway!

Chris

Sorry about your mess, I'm glad you had insurance.

I'm on my second Olympus OS400. I'm sure you've heard this story a few times :rolleyes:

It has actually been great as long as you can keep the housing sealed. After one replacement of camera and housing, the second housing still leaked so I gave up on Olympus and finally purchased oversized O-Rings for the plungers for the Oly housing and installed them myself and it has been great since. A bit stiff on the plungers, but that was the idea and it has not been a problem. The main O-ring never did leak.

Good luck on a fast replacement. :thumb:

DeepDog:cheers:

Truly sux. You realize that the flood was communicated through the u/w grapevine while you were on the boat...if you had extended you bottom time just a wee bit, the whale sharks would have arrived, too...

Insurance is sure a PITA until times like this!

All the best, James

sorry about your loss.
This brings up a huge question of mine...

what dive insurance are you guys using?
my home insurance guy said that my uw stuff would be covered after paying my deductible. I'm waiting for him to give that to me in writing.

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your flood. If your replacement doesn't work out in time, drop me a PM and you can borrow my S2/Aquatica. Everybody here feels your pain.

Best regards,

Marlo

LChan:
my home insurance guy said that my uw stuff would be covered after paying my deductible. I'm waiting for him to give that to me in writing.

LChan -- better get that in writing! I recall someone on this board tried the homeowner's insurance route after a housing flood but when the claim went in the ins. co. said that it was the wrong kind of flood -- the house, not the housing had to flood.... Better stick with the insurance companies that specialize in scuba. A search on the tips section should get you results.

I purchased a rider on my homeowners from State Farm. My strobe flooded, they replaced it. Almost before I left for Belize. Actually they were much quicker then I thought they'd be.

Joe

LChan:
sorry about your loss.
This brings up a huge question of mine...

what dive insurance are you guys using?

I actually use insurance purchased from the camera shop in japan, It covers ANYTHING! Full replacement! and in Japan never any questions asked. I put it to the test when I destroyed my 80-400 VR in the Dominican republic!

on another note.

Took the Nikonos back in the water yesterday, Found those turtles again! will have the results later today. It was quite nice to go back to full manual and tons of bracketing! best prep for my upcoming trip!

Back
Top Bottom