My New Drysuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well....... it's new to me.
I've been watching e-bay for months looking for a good deal on a DUI drysuit in my size. It didn't happen and I didn't want to wait much longer.
I finally bid on a Bare D7 Supra Dry. I figured neoprene will be warm for great lakes diving. I might need more weight, but thats okay. I'll get a couple years out of it, then upgrade. I got it for about the same amount of money I was going to pay for a 7 mil wetsuit at Leisure Pro last year. Now I'm going to be able to get those PST Tanks I've been wanting too! :)
It arrived today. Like new condition, as promised.
Fits perfect, I got some room for undies and socks. :)

I e-mailed my favorite LDS and asked when the next Drysuit course is. Now I gotta get my wife/buddy to do the course with me. It'll give her a chance to try a rental Drysuit. She's afraid she won't like the tightness on her neck. If we can't find something she'll wear that will keep her warm in the Great Lakes She will remain a warmwater diver and I'll be looking for a coldwater buddy. :huh:

Now it's back to e-bay to find a pair of larger fins...........

hmmm... a good excuse to get those Jetfins I've been wanting too. :wink:

No excuse for you to travel up and dive with your buds just across the lake....

Congrats on the "new addition to the family".

Originally posted by DivingGal
No excuse for you to travel up and dive with your buds just across the lake....

Yup, Your right. I hope I can get Debbielou to Join us!

Hello Tavi:

Glad to hear that you did real good on E bay.
Yes, Bare has a good line of drysuits.
Almost purchased one {money was right} of the 4 mil , but i was told that the seals were not latex. Nothing wrong with neoprene, though.
Now i'am very close to ordering a Whites Polar flex 11 in which the bottom half is 4 mil neoprene & top half quadaflex material. Nice to have the best of both worlds tavi. I also like the neoprene for some warmth & for less drag & durability over tri-lam material.
Not to speak that i love cold water diving also.

I recently tried a so called "Discovery Drysuit" lesson by Padi, & thought drysuit diving was the best thing a happening.
Going to do the course myself with my lds.

Safe diving & hope you like your Bare........:bounce: :thumb:

I'm sure this suit will do just fine for a couple of years.
But I still plan on going to........
DUI DOG Days at Dutch Springs PA May 18 & 19.
I'm taking my wife and son too. We're going with a group from our LDS.
We'll get a chance to try what we might be interested in, and also get to dive a place we haven't been before. Checking out DUI drysuits I'll have something to compare to, And maybe my wife will find something she likes. Finding something comfortable for her to wear in cold water has been a problem.
My son and I Plan on Diving in Lake Ontario before the end of the month!

Yahoo!!!!! the end of this long surface interval is in sight!

Garfish:
Hello Tavi:

Glad to hear that you did real good on E bay.
Yes, Bare has a good line of drysuits.
Almost purchased one {money was right} of the 4 mil , but i was told that the seals were not latex. Nothing wrong with neoprene, though.
Now i'am very close to ordering a Whites Polar flex 11 in which the bottom half is 4 mil neoprene & top half quadaflex material. Nice to have the best of both worlds tavi. I also like the neoprene for some warmth & for less drag & durability over tri-lam material.
Not to speak that i love cold water diving also.

I recently tried a so called "Discovery Drysuit" lesson by Padi, & thought drysuit diving was the best thing a happening.
Going to do the course myself with my lds.

Safe diving & hope you like your Bare........:bounce: :thumb:

Just an FYI Bare dry suits come with either neoprene or Latex neck seals I jst bought a CD4 Pro and it is awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom