threads off drysuit zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepfen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for info on how to best deal with some threads that started coming off the very edge of my drysuit zipper (see pictures below).
I'm more worried about stopping this happening/growing, other than the threads themselves as, so far, they are thin enough that the zipper gets past them.
Should I let them be, or cut them with small shears or something, or burn them with a lighter, or something else?
I am worried that if I just cut them, new threads will come off soon afterwards.

FYI the suit is a Waterproof D7 Nylontech. This is the 3rd winter I am using it and I've got about 55 dives with it. If not mistaken, the zipper's edge was like this for some time now, but the threads were not so long so I didn't worry about it too much.

Thanks

IMG_20240108_144653.jpg
IMG_20240108_144625.jpg

IMG_20240108_144657.jpg

I'm looking for info on how to best deal with some threads that started coming off the very edge of my drysuit zipper (see pictures below).
I'm more worried about stopping this happening/growing, other than the threads themselves as, so far, they are thin enough that the zipper gets past them.
Should I let them be, or cut them with small shears or something, or burn them with a lighter, or something else?
I am worried that if I just cut them, new threads will come off soon afterwards.

FYI the suit is a Waterproof D7 Nylontech. This is the 3rd winter I am using it and I've got about 55 dives with it. If not mistaken, the zipper's edge was like this for some time now, but the threads were not so long so I didn't worry about it too much.

Thanks

I use a soldering iron like DUI recommends.

I keep mine singed up with a lighter.

Dangly threads are why every soldier carries a lighter in his pocket.

Snippy the long ones then hit everything with a lighter

and all the dags on all your gear especially your velcro

OK guys. It's all done. I was hesitant using flame on such expensive stuff, but it did the trick.
Thanks for the info once more...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom