My Xdeep Stealth Tec 2.0 has arrived today! Any tips on setting up? or things I can do to make it better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bork-it

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It arrived today, and now my sidemount journey begins! It's set up, but I suspect you guys have found better ways to set it up, or add/change things to improve it. Any tips or advice?

Attachments

• 20240314_114301.jpg
    20240314_114301.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 36
Any tips or advice?
Debadge it? Go spend a few days with Garry Dallas or Audrey Cudel or one of the other competent instructors and save yourself lots of hassle.

To start, waist sliding o-rings aren't set up properly and you'll more than likely want to rethread the rear bottom wing attachment point to avoid the inevitable floaty butt diaper syndrome.

This is what I did:
I subscribed to sidemounting.com instructional videos. That has saved me a lot of time and headaches trying to figure out things on my own. Steve Martin does an awesome job.
I dive steel so removed the rubber 'sliding' D-rings and only use the square drop rings on the back.
Don't cut straps and bungees to size right away. You'll do changes as you gain experience with your setup.
I didn't use a boltsnap to secure my inflator hose. 2 bungee loops instead. See sidemounting.com videos.
Find a good instructor.
Plan for extra pool sessions on your own to work out all the tweaks you'll need to do. I did 5 and am still not convinced my tweaking is done. Lol.
Have fun!

Find a high level instructor who will teach you about the configuration and work with you to properly adjust the rig so you walk away with a system that is dialed in.

Back
Top Bottom