Name of Hotel on Wild side?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me just add that we have stayed twice at Ventanas Al Mar. One night in 2005 and one night again just a few weeks ago on Jan 12th.
Its SO quiet and peacefull there from sundown to SPECTACULAR sunrise! The folks who work there are great! The morning we woke up on the 13th was the calmest I've EVER seen the ocean on the East side and we hit the empty beach at 8:00 a.m. and swam all morning. The beach there is GREAT provided the surf isnt too rough. Be sure and remember to bring any food/snacks for after dark or a car to drive into town. Another option is to eat dinner at Coconuts before they close around dark. Hope you try it and think you will LOVE it!

BCOZ

I agree with Gordon that reservations would be best.
However........we "walked" in the last time. Both times we stayed there the place was not more than half full. I also suggests asking to get one of the (4 or 5?) rooms with the balconies that walk out onto the shared patio on the cliff. Some rooms walk out onto private balcony instead. I'm going to try and post some pics tonight that will better explain what I'm talking about.

BCOZ

I agree with Gordon that reservations would be best.
However........we "walked" in the last time. Both times we stayed there the place was not more than half full. I also suggests asking to get one of the (4 or 5?) rooms with the balconies that walk out onto the shared patio on the cliff. Some rooms walk out onto private balcony instead. I'm going to try and post some pics tonight that will better explain what I'm talking about.

BCOZ

Are the rooms air conditioned? It looks very inviting. I love the east side.

Good question....... I dont honestly remember, but I dont think so.
All power is generated by windmills on the roof or occasionally a generator. A/C would suck a lot of juice. The reason I can't remember was due to the cool evening breeze off the ocean, pouring through the sliding glass door.

BCOZ

Reviews on their website say there is no AC, but nobody seems to mind with the strong ocean breeze. Looks like a wonderful place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom