Name your best or favorite wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HMS Repulse

6 Hours out from Tioman in the South China Sea lying almost on her side. Top at 38m, bottom at 57m. Close to 300m long.

Last week water at 28 deg C, vis at 50m+ with 3m Shovel noses and 2m groupers.

Brilliant !!!

Nagato & Lamson at Bikini

Maritime Hibiscus, Blackjack & S'Jacob in PNG

Aikoku Maru, Yamagiri Maru in Truk

Carnatic was fantastic 15 years ago, but now most of the soft corals have been kicked off andf she's not what she used to be.

Thistlegorm is a perfect example of how in a short space of time divers can turn a great wreck into a complete wreck....

Spectre once bubbled...
Currently... Stolt Dagali. 135 to the sand, 60 ft relief.

I think the stolt is an enjoyable wreck and since its not that deep you can get some pretty good bottom time on it and penetrations are easy... I'll run 20 minutes or so in the debris field looking for lobsters, spend another 20-30 minutes around or in the wreck at depth, the acend and do another 30 minutes in 60-80 ft.... before doing my short hang...

Two other local wrecks that are a must are the Oregon 130ft, and the Frank Buck (south wreck) 150ft. The USS San Diego was my favorite (108ft) but its really been battered over the years and penetrations are no longer a wise thing to do..

The next one! So lets go div'in!
My personal favorite is the carferry MILWAUKEE. Upright in 125 fow. 318 feet long. A fun dive with lots to see.

So I'd have to say the Madeira in Lake Superior (Minnesota's North Shore). Vis was great (for around here anyway) 50-60 feet and the water was 38 degrees.

Awesome dive, just awesome!

Saratoga Bikini
San Fransisco maru truk (chuuk)
Duane (flordia keys)

The Andrea Doria, although it is expensive...the most amazing dive i have ever done. By the way, the plates are harder to get than expected!

Also, if we're including subs, the U-583, a very cool dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom